Older TMate conversion to Mach3 utilizing original Microkinetics electronics - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Older TMate conversion to Mach3 utilizing original Microkinetics electronics

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by caddycarlo View Post
    I am working on a superdrive microkinetics to mach3 and have run into some trouble... I rewired the parallel port to more of a standard wiring the on off for the plasma cutter works great but I can not get the stepper motors to work ..they just hum and heat up ... I have tried a on board 5v power and USB cable 5v from the computer with no luck ... anyone gotten this to work? If so how?
    Got it working .... sorry for the post before

You do need to rewire the plug on the back of the unit and it needs 5 volt signal to the driver boards from the computer .. I used a USB plug to steal the power...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Older TMate conversion to Mach3 utilizing original Microkinetics electronics

Quote Originally Posted by Nutron View Post
    Hey Tom,

Yes, I have completely eliminated the need for the dedicated OptiStep card as well as that old DOS based SuperScribe software. I am now using a newer PC running Windows XP and Mach3 alone to operate the plasma gantry and cutter. The Parallel port has replaced that antique card that connected the PC to the SuperDrive power supply/motion controller box. This weekend I will get some pictures and a schematic of what I changed posted. I am sure we can't be the only two with these older setups that would like to upgrade without spending a fortune.
    I have this setup, did you ever post the pics and schematics for this?

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Older TMate conversion to Mach3 utilizing original Microkinetics electronics

Quote Originally Posted by Hobart View Post
    I have this setup, did you ever post the pics and schematics for this?

thanks
    I also am trying to use Mach3 to be able to run my antique Torchmate plasma table.
    Did anyone ever post pictures on how they wired up to their MicroKenetics Optistep Plus driver so Mach3 will run it?
    5 volt rewire?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12