Walter CNC Grinders

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walter CNC Grinders

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Walter CNC Grinders

Looking for people running these grinders to swap ideas and/or solve problems. Software or hardware issues. Machine issues. Anything related to these grinders.

Similar Threads:
    Where Your Quality Counts!
    www.toolgrinder.com
    durkee@toolgrinder.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello !! , im working with Walter cnc toolgrinders ( regrinder & woodtronic cnc5 loader), nice machines :-) .

// Jake

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The machine we use most is a Power R. It is a very good machine, also. Is your 'R' machine windows or DOS driven? I would like to hear more about your machines.

www.toolgrinder.com
    durkee@toolgrinder.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My machine is Win NT CD 11, i work mainly in P1,P2,P3,P6,P32
    for the moment, i also use cybergrinding.

Our Woodtronic cnc5 loader is a machine for grinding tct sawblades , we can put 60 sawblades in the loader.
    i now have 2 years with the machines .

// Jake

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like we are running about the same things. You don't use pkg 4? I've had 2 years on them too. Maybe we can help each other out with any problems.

Keith

www.toolgrinder.com
    durkee@toolgrinder.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No i dont use P4 for the moment , its easier and faster to use
    P32 and you also have more power for grinding complex profiles
    i think you have a limitation in P4 that the steptool only can get bigger in diameter and that limits me , the dxf loading is a nice thing since all drawings comes in dwg or dxf files , so its just to cut out you profile from the drawing and load it into P32 and your
    almost done.

on the other hand in P4 you can gash the inside rake angle on the differnt steps so you dont get negative rake angle on the smaller steps in diameter, but there is for sure more nice things in P4 that i dont know about .

if you have any problems just tell me , and i would do the same.

// Jake

Downloads
    Uploads

We have a Walter Power-R. Also a Walter Woodtronic 3 and 5. The second 2 are saw grinders.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think all of our Walters are in the 500 series. We have the mimi, powers and loader.
    I sure hope they make the sofware more user friendly.

Don

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

been using these machines for 7 years now.........one mini production....one power-r and one power-r with disc loader.......use pkg's 1,2,3,4 and beginning to use pkg 32.....we mfg alot of high performance drills and step drills using pkg 3......and use pkg 4 for our form tools.....I've manufactured 2-flute ballnose tools on pkg-4 holding a .0394 dia. +.0000/-.0001 and a length of .0669 with the same tolerance intersecting into a 59 degree 34 minute +/- 5 minutes(included) in lots of about 50 at a time......using our mini production (with glass scales) and very nice univel metal bonded diamond wheels.......I'd really like to get more in depth into pkg 32..........

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a few questions about pkg #1. I've been running this package mostly the past several weeks. When hired in the took me back and said here it is... make it run.

Have been running a lot of 3 and 4 fluted corner radius ( anywhere from .009 radius +/- .002 to .050 radius +/- .002) the machine will hold this once its dialed in. But whatg is the best way to adjust for the misblends on the diameter and ends? (tangent points of the radius)

Don

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess every body is to busy grinding.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cnc101 hello i have two walter power R one with diskloader and a toolcheck been grinding with walter grinder for 6 years jjgrndr@hotmail.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i think also every walter grinder is busy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is anyone interested in exchanging ideas and info on the Walters?

Downloads
    Uploads

We have two of them in the shop, power 500 and vision. We also have toolcheck. Not my favorite machines around, bit of a PITA to calibrate, and fix when they break. I suggest making a hard drive clone, and replacing CRT monitor for some generic LCD on power. I might have schematics for attachiing MPG somewhere if anyone cares, always wanted to do it, just never had time. Also if you're using NT4, update to SP6, and newest walter software. They finally fixed that silly network set up they had going there.

We also have about 40 Rollomatics, if anyone wants to talk about them. We grind carbide only.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm interested in knowing what packages everyone uses.
    I'd like to know a little more about using the corner radius offsets in package 1.
    I have successfully been able figure out how to blend the radii on the end, but once in awhile still having some trouble blending the radii on the diameter of the tool. I've attempted to use the offset under the Corner Radius page under the Geometry menu. with little to no success.

Any help is appreciated

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

Default walter woodtronic cnc5

could anyone tell me how to set the saw program to make multiple cuts or passes on the top of a sawblade? eg I would like it to take .15 mm first time around and then .15 mm second time around without reseting the machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm interested in knowing what packages everyone uses.
    I'd like to know a little more about using the corner radius offsets in package 1.
    I have successfully been able figure out how to blend the radii on the end, but once in awhile still having some trouble blending the radii on the diameter of the tool. I've attempted to use the offset under the Corner Radius page under the Geometry menu. with little to no success.

Any help is appreciated

Don
    still having trouble with the rads?
    are you using mgm grind or hollow grind?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default corner radii

Donald if you have the front where you want it just make the OD a little larger or smaller to blend . Move only a few tenths til you see what you end up with. Good luck. Be patient and it will work fine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, well I guess I have you all beat, I have been on a walter now for about 14 years, and we still run the first machine we purchased, its a 45 helitronic. We also have a first generation 400 power machine still running dos (thats all it can run) and a larger newer power production, or at least thats what they called it when it first came out, now I think they would class it as a power r, and we also have the first diamond machine in north america as well as a helicheck that aint worth a pinch of beens.

Packages, when I do run the machine, I love to use expert mode, but I use that, p1, p3, p4, a little p7, & p52 (diamond machine) and the occasional p2, I hate p2 and I dont do much in the form or ball ends or corner rads, they are always a pain in the rear to get perfect blends on these machines. Never learned p32 but I hear its pretty cool.

We also run a rollomatic, I like this machine for basic tools and large runs, but the walters are great for smaller orders and tricky tools.

cool site you guys have here, I like it

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast