Walter CNC Grinders - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walter CNC Grinders

harleyboy1

I specialize in NEW and Used Walter Grinders. I also have USED parts for Walters.
    Cyber Grind will only work with the Power 500 series and "Tool Studio" will only work with Power 600 and the NEW Fanuc controls. By the way, I have customers looking for the GC8's for rebuild and parts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hay walter hmc 500 tools programs ?

Downloads
    Uploads

that sentence doesn't even make sense.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dharschman View Post
    I am trying to grind a 6 tooth solid carbide t slot cutter, 3 teeth right hand cut with 5 degrees right hand axial flute and 3 teeth right hand cut with 5 degrees left hand axial flute. Cutter is .297 wide with .020 radius on front and back of each tooth.The front and back face of cutter has 1.5 degrees dish with 2 degrees side clearence. Can this be ground completely in p5? (first time using p5)
    Right now I am piecing it together with p4 , p6 and p32 wich seems to be some what of a hassle but it will work for this time around.
    All that P stuff makes no sense either. also. Or is it just that you can't spell?

Downloads
    Uploads

the PK stuff just refers to the software packages.
    Walter split up the software into "packages", PK1 is for endmills, PK2 is tapered tools, PK3 is drills, PK4 is step tools, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OK

Quote Originally Posted by cb1 View Post
    the PK stuff just refers to the software packages.
    Walter split up the software into "packages", PK1 is for endmills, PK2 is tapered tools, PK3 is drills, PK4 is step tools, etc.
    Thanks..

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PACKAGE 5

WILL PACKAGE 5 RUN IN CYBERGRIND IF SO HOW ?

harleyboy1

Yes it should run in cybergrind but it may not in Tool Studio.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default cyber

what is the error message you get? i have a list of error messages and their causes. i could dig it up if you need a copy.

Downloads
    Uploads

C:\PR004\NSNT\CyberGrinding\PAKET5\725-W000.EXE-CUTTER 5
    - Can't read idn PROBE_DATA_SCH of the type 10018 from Andron database.

THE ERROR MESSAGE ABOVE IS WHAT I GET WHEN I RUN PACKAGE 5 IN CYBERGRIND.
    ALSO WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE ALL THAT GERMAN LANGUAGE IN P5 TRANSLATED.

harleyboy1

Where are you located?
    Let me check with my contacts and get back to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEW AND USED WALTER HMC GRINDER PARTS

Quote Originally Posted by harleyboy1 View Post
    I specialize in NEW and Used Walter Grinders. I also have USED parts for Walters.
    Cyber Grind will only work with the Power 500 series and "Tool Studio" will only work with Power 600 and the NEW Fanuc controls. By the way, I have customers looking for the GC8's for rebuild and parts.
    Do you have a website I can go on and look at the used WALTER GRINDERS and used parts that you have for them ??? Where in Pennsylvania are you located ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default WTB--Walter Power 400

Does anyone know of a 400-series machine for sale in the US? I would prefer a private transaction, but am open to ideas.

Downloads
    Uploads

I found this on Google:

http://www.jspetersmach.com/Used_Wal...NC_Grinder.htm

And a video of the same machine on youtube "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ItKSxkTyo"]youtube

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The new guy

Hello all,
    I'm new to this forum and I have been running a Walter Helitronic Power for 1-year now. I was wondering if anybody is using Tool Studio software on here, and if so I am having a few problems that I have not be able to figure out yet. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default INHALATION OF OIL MIST

Just curious is anyone using blaser hc10 oil in their Walter grinder with a 600psi power fluter on it, if so have you had any bad effects from breathing the finely atomized mist ? (we have a mist collector on it but it's not hooked up to any type of duct work) Alot of the mist is still suspended in the air when the enclosure door is opened, I think thats when i seem to be breathing it in even though i try to hold my breath for a while after i open the door.

Downloads
    Uploads

ya, i hate that.
    we have hooked up external mist extrators to our machines, they work ok, but you still get the mist in your face. we usually wait 5 or 10 seconds before opening the door. i am sure its not good to breath it in, just like any other CNC or oil mist, you should try not to get it in your eyes, on your face or breath it in.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sholloway View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm new to this forum and I have been running a Walter Helitronic Power for 1-year now. I was wondering if anybody is using Tool Studio software on here, and if so I am having a few problems that I have not be able to figure out yet. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Been using Toolstudio alittle for about 18 months. Can been very temprementle at times :/. What do you need to know? I will help if i can.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well one of my first problems is when I grind certain counterbore step drills I have been getting overtravel alarms, but I can run another piece that is the exact same and it will run. When this happens, it will completely run all the program, but when it gets to the finish pass on the counter bore (step clearance 1) thats when I get the alarm. I have tried everything I can think of to figure this issue out, but to no luck. I know that there is still alot of bugs that Walter is working out of this software and there is suppose to be a new update coming out in about 3-months.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spiral Bevel Gears

I am looking for help programming a Walter machine to grind spiral bevel gears cutting tools. The machine was set up to grind end mills. Does anyone have ideas?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast