How do i turn the spindle on with the doors open on my HMC 500?

Thread: How do i turn the spindle on with the doors open on my HMC 500?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do i turn the spindle on with the doors open on my HMC 500?

How do i turn the spindle on with the doors open on my HMC 500? I am trying to stick the wheel. I put the machine in manual mode, put my foot on the pedal, turn the key and hit S1 and N and nothing happens.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do i turn the spindle on with the doors open on my HMC 500?

Never mind I figured it out guys thanks! Just turn the key without your foot on the pedal.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was just about to ask if you figured this out..... but I see you have.
    Have fun sticking the wheels! wear your safety glasses..
    If you ever need help with the walters, let me know. I've been working with these since the first 400 machine came to Canada

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome Thanks man, I've been operating the HMC500 for about a year now and it's pretty cool. We are due to receive a HMC600 in August of this year too so Im excited about that. Do you know a lot about creating programs in expert mode or how to utilize the Teach feature on these machines? Unfortunately our Grinding "expert" passed away a few weeks ago and I don't have anyone in house to ask these questions. I've been reading the user manual and that has helped quite a bit. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated. My name is Tom.

Downloads
    Uploads

Where are you located? What type of tools do you grind?
    Wow, Expert Mode... Don't see that being run much anymore. Pretty much no way to teach that through email.....
    I have pretty much every manual created for Walters, including the ones on expert mode. I think they will be too big to email, but we can figure out a way to get those in your hands.
    Maybe use one of the online file sharing sites? If you know how to do that, send me an email and I'll share what ever I have. (I wont ask you for any money....just sharing info!)
    Teach mode isn't what you think....I just teaches the current position and sets it to a "zero point"....lots to explain with expert mode...
    If I know the types of tool you are making, I would know what to do. I have made tools of every shape and size on these machines.
    In previous yrs I worked as a consultant for these machines, traveling around USA and Canada, fixing and programming and stuff.
    Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Chris, Im down in Florida. We run a lot of broaches in Expert mode we also do key cutters and some custom debur tools. Everything else we run is done through packages , spot drills, step drills, some production parts where we do end gashing for teeth etc. I would definitely like to get my hands on any material that could help me advance...also we are looking for someone to come in and train a few guys on these machines and we have had very little luck getting someone from United Grinding to respond to our requests.What type of file sharing program do you use?

Downloads
    Uploads

Email me at Chris.baas@rogers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ellswick2015 View Post
    Hey Chris, Im down in Florida. We run a lot of broaches in Expert mode we also do key cutters and some custom debur tools. Everything else we run is done through packages , spot drills, step drills, some production parts where we do end gashing for teeth etc. I would definitely like to get my hands on any material that could help me advance...also we are looking for someone to come in and train a few guys on these machines and we have had very little luck getting someone from United Grinding to respond to our requests.What type of file sharing program do you use?