so lost i am about to give up this new hobby :)

Thread: so lost i am about to give up this new hobby :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default so lost i am about to give up this new hobby :)

hi there, i just bought a machine, all this out of frustration on not getting items delivered dure to export problems and Brexit
    yes i am based in frnace but to add i am not french, so not easy popping in somewhere
    i bought a machine from east europe and all seemd ok, a long time ago i built boats and we just got some company to cut woood for us,
    then i started doing interiors of vans here in France and selling them, we then progressed (so we thought ) to buying ready kits from suppliers and then welcome came Brexit and Covid, this threw us under the bus and here i am buying a machine , then struggling and refusing to ask for help for now two and half weeks still , or should i give up and sell it... grrr

so surprised to read that Cut2d is not as popular as my machine seller made it out to be or perhaps he misunderstood me as to what i wanted,

so back to my issues, either cut2d pro or my machine running the RichAuto system composition

i started downloading a vw logo to cut and on 6 mm board no probems, then i thought i would try 20mm board and what a mess, it keeps cutting onto the project, so downloaded another file and it does the same, on top of it the new one cuts outside of circle out and then it becomes a mess,
    i tried redoing the Nodes, but i must be to stupid to work out why its not allowing me to cut thicker boards... i feel so lost and most proberly wrong timiming to ask for help as it feels liek the brains exploded with some many variations and settings,
    but i will not give up, yet

main issue i have is trying to change the starting point of my logo as not to cut outer circle first, but also how to set the height of the bit as to not cut through the logo when going throught to next pocket, hope i make sense... sorry for a ***** post... i have tried to edit out the drama

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails so lost i am about to give up this new hobby :)-20211203_164356-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: so lost i am about to give up this new hobby :)

First thing I noticed: For every job that uses a change in thickness of material, you have to edit the tool path ( if you want to change the depth of cut AND reset your Z zero height ( If you are referencing to the top of the JOB. )
    If you are referencing to the top of the BED ( which it doesn't sound like you are doing ) you don't need to reset the Z height every time.

If you want to cut the job out last, just run that Toolpath last. Most times jobs will need 3 or 4 separate toolpaths. Sometimes less....Just change the order before you export to your machine.
    Hope this helps a little bit....

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks, will reset everything this afternoon and try again,

been through the setting 100 x but i am sure i am passing something simple

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know the first thing about Cut2D,but I have used several other pieces of software and had a play with Vcarve,so I have seen that all systems have some features in common.I can't see your attachment which may be due to new members not having the automatic right to add attachments until they have reached a certain post count.First thing I would mention is that almost all software has a simulation feature and for a novice to run any program without carefully watching the simulation isn't a recipe for success or low stress levels.
    My experience with Vcarve tells me that you can set up the job with a datum at the bottom of the material or at the top.If using the former you need to make sure that the retract height and the job clearance height are adjusted to guarantee no gouging during the operation and this may mean assigning new values each time you alter the material thickness.If you use the top of the material as the datum surface you need to establish a new datum height each time you alter the material thickness and the default clearance values are likely to reference this height.It is well to be aware that the nominal material thickness of sheet material may differ a bit from the actual value and what is sold as 12mm may vary from 10.9mm to 13.2mm in my experience so you may find it necessary to check the thickness before simply entering the nominal thickness or you may find parts not cut correctly or a spoilboard covered in gouges.

Another thing to be aware of is that no program likes an instruction to cut an outline that isn't composed of joined entities.Check for continuity of the outlines and eliminate duplicate entities and while it may sound obvious,make sure you haven't left the selection to cut the inside when you are trying to cut the outside of a shape.Be aware that cutting outlines that aren't joined and with the cutting instruction set to left/right of an entity can lead to strange behaviour if the entities aren't joined as the cutter will hop from side to side according tot he direction in which the entities were created,you may be able to switch on a function to show the direction in which the cutter will be travelling or Cut2D may not have the feature.

One other thing that may be helpful is to try each cut in fresh air and maybe raise the datum so that there is no chance of any cutting occurring until you are satisfied that all errors have been removed.You can then drop it a little at a time until the job is done and this may be a way to tell if you are overloading the machine and potentially losing steps if the cut is too aggressive.Without knowing more about the machine,the possibility can't be eliminated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Routalot

thansk for taking time to post , you right could be as i am a new member , basicly it is a photo of my piece where it goes wrong,

yes you right datum top and bottom and as suggested on other platforms i used the bottom, i have materiels that are 20.8mm thick and am cutting 21mm
    but as it crosses over from pocket to pocket it cuts into the piece at about 10.8mm, i have run the simulation and on there it looks perfect, i selt the node where to start and ut does that but almost imedietly the second cut is the big circle,

so this afternoon i cut all sections separately and its fine, but if i select all vectors and create toolpath it looks great on 3d but as i say cuts into piece

i also went through and checked all vectors that they joined and its good , i then downloaded another dxf and ran it, same issues

perhaps i should try another program?

Downloads
    Uploads

i think my issue is twith the sh1t software gotta blame something,

i just tried a free vertion of easel and cut piece out on no time, need to restart the vetric and see what is wrong...

Downloads
    Uploads

My guess is that your retract height is set from datum and 10.8 above a top surface datum would clear the part-you may do better if you set the retract height to 30mm if you are using the bottom as that will be part thickness plus 10mm.Inthe operation menu is there a drawing of the cutter and the job that shows the retract height?I might not be hugely impressed by the Vectric eco-system but it does tend to work once you find your way round.Part of the challenge is that they use their own vocabulary and stuff like coupons or Zee levels are alien to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update, we removed the software from PC, cleared the machine and all is good now.... took a long time and many tests but we still cant find what caused it... but all good, thanks all