Downloads
    Uploads

Default Nova 35 laser wont fire with new file from RDworks 8

Hi I have a 100 watt nova 35 that is 8 months old. I have been using it
    with no problems up until now. I can do a pulse of the laser and any files
    already on the laser will fire the laser. Any new files I add or saved
    ones from the rdworks saved files the laser does not fire. The head moves
    but no laser firing. This started when I set up the rotary .. the head
    moved and so did the rotary but no laser firing.
    Any new files loaded from rdworks have no laser firing only the head
    moving, fans coming on.
    If I use a file from previous days on the laser it works.
    Also there are 4 files on the machine that I cant remove. If I scroll over
    them the machine locks up and says no device detected.
    I have uninstalled Rdworks and reinstalled it with no change.
    Can you help please.
    Thanks
    Garnet

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nova 35 laser wont fire with new file from RDworks 8

I'm having a similar issue with my recently purchased Chinese laser running on an RDC6442S(EC) controller and RDWorks 8. I can fire the laser manually through the controller, and everything seems to work fine. It will also fire the laser when running any existing program that was on the controller when I bought it (it's a 2nd hand, barely used, machine built in 2016). However, any new program I download via RDWorks V8.01.26 will run through the motion normally, but will not fire the laser. I get the same results downloading through USB Cord or UDrive (usb stick). Same results running on RDWorks V8.01.18. It doesn't appear to be a water alarm or door switch issue (laser fires with the existing programs). I was able to get new programs to fire by changing the "Signal Level" from low to high in vendor settings, but then the laser fires during rapid moves, and during "Frame" operations too and will no longer fire manually (plus existing programs don't fire anymore)... so I changed the Signal Level back to low.

Any suggestions? Is there any way I can open/import a .rd file off the controller in RDWorks to see what settings make the thing work?

Any help greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Wes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try Lightburn. This will give you an idea if it is RDworks or the controller.
    Lightburn demo will allow you to send and cut files.
    https://lightburnsoftware.com/

Alan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried LightBurn - which looks like excellent software - except they currently don't support dual head/ 2 laser system like I have. However, the developers were very helpful in decoding an .rd file that 'works' on my machine, and one that doesn't. The only significant difference was one was set up as an array (which worked) and one was just a single part (didn't fire). I failed to mention earlier that when I bought the machine Laser Tube #1 was broken, leaving me only with laser 2. Evidentally I need to learn more about how arrays work, because the software was only firing laser 2 for simultaneous cutting of multiple parts in an array. So on my machine I get 1 cut part in an array of 2, and 2 parts in an array of 4, etc. Even when I disable laser 1 in the layer settings, it doesn't fire laser 2 on a single part. I'll be doing more experimenting with this, but if worse comes to worse, I'll move laser 2 tube into the #1 spot, or pony up for the 2nd tube.