Newbie Limit Switch Error Code

Thread: Limit Switch Error Code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Limit Switch Error Code

Hello all,

I have a Techno CNC Davinci 1090 machine that I picked up recently from a school. Everything seems to work well on it and it powers up and cycles down to zero (no errors). When I load my gcode into the software and start the program on the machine, I keep getting an error message telling me to move the machine off of the limit switch. It does not tell me which axis to move, but I have checked them all 3 and they are a good .25" to .5" off of the limit switch "click" noise. Any insight into what I am doing wrong would be appreciated. I have a little basic CNC knowledge from college, but not much more than a newbie hobbyist.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Limit Switch Error Code

Test the limit switches with an ohm meter one of them is not working. When closed the should read zero ohms and when open they should read infinity ohms

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by EthanC View Post
    Hello all,

I have a Techno CNC Davinci 1090 machine that I picked up recently from a school. Everything seems to work well on it and it powers up and cycles down to zero (no errors). When I load my gcode into the software and start the program on the machine, I keep getting an error message telling me to move the machine off of the limit switch. It does not tell me which axis to move, but I have checked them all 3 and they are a good .25" to .5" off of the limit switch "click" noise. Any insight into what I am doing wrong would be appreciated. I have a little basic CNC knowledge from college, but not much more than a newbie hobbyist.
    I suspect it's a soft limit, active in auto. Maybe your tool is too long ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,

On start-up did you home the machine this is the first thing you have to do, once you have homed your machine then set your work X0 / Y0 work start point, then set the Z axis zero Top of work piece normally, once you have done this load you program and try it again, if this still happens you may have an EMI noise from the Spindle that is giving you a false trigger of the limit switches, how have you power your machine, some photos of the wiring would be good.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,

Do you have the manual, as there is a start-up procedure that is like homing the machine here is one of the manuals.

Also check if there is a safety switch on the Door if there is this will have to be closed.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Mactec54