Techno Davinci

Thread: Techno Davinci

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Techno Davinci

Gentlemen, Just joined today, mainly because I have a line on a Techno DaVinci CNC machine. I am being told it currently doesn't work. Trying to get the current owners intent and a substancially better description of what "It doesn't work" means. I have several questions. I am new to CNC, but not new to electronics and computers.
    I have attached pictures of the machine. It appears to have servo motors. I have also reached out to Techno Support and this machine is fully supported.

I suspect the reason it currently doesn't work is due to the controller. My questions are

What would need to be replaced to run this on Mach 3? I guess being new I need this spelled out

Does the Gecko G540 work with servos? I don't think so.

Is it worth considering a g540 and swapping out the servos for steppers?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Techno Davinci-img_3798-jpg   Techno Davinci-img_3799-jpg   Techno Davinci-img_3800-jpg   Techno Davinci-img_3801-jpg  

Techno Davinci-img_3802-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Techno Davinci

Hello,

Running mach3 on the machine with geckos would mean a gut job on the electronics and motors.

In my opinion, replacing servos with steppers is a huge step down in quality and reliability

If you're the person I spoke to by email yesterday, I think the odds are good that it will be simple to get the machine running as it was intended, let's give that a shot first and see how it goes. Could be as simple as a fuse.

Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Downloads
    Uploads

Geckodrive does make drives for servos - the G320 will run DC servos from step/direction inputs. But Eric's right - that would be a last resort. Troubleshooting the existing setup would be the first thing to do. If you haven't bought it yet, the price should reflect its non-functional condition = don't pay more than the working components are worth.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

All running and working thanks to Erik.