Dis-assembly of Gantry III table & frame?

Thread: Dis-assembly of Gantry III table & frame?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dis-assembly of Gantry III table & frame?

I just bought what looks like an old Gantry III 130, from photos, 400 miles away, and have to pick it up. The seller has removed the gantry, but he claims the table is one big unit and cannot be broken down any further. I can see in the pix that the top is 5 sections of extrusion, wondering if the structure underneath can be dis-assembled into component parts. My van is on it's last legs, will have to take my station wagon. I'm planning to use it for component parts to make a custom design, so taking it apart is not a problem for me. I guess if I have to I could put the top on my roof rack...

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dis-assembly of Gantry III table & frame?-nj1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dis-assembly of Gantry III table & frame?

I have a table that looks just like that. Below is a picture of the table, upside down, so I can clean and align the linear bearings to the gantry. It was disassembled when I got it, so I took my time with reassembly.

It is indeed 5 pieces of extruded aluminum, with steel bars connecting them together. I never took the table apart, didn't want to deal with all the bolts. I also had a trailer to haul it on though. In one piece, my table alone weighs something like 150 lbs. It's a two man job to move it.

Dis-assembly of Gantry III table & frame?-1a-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much. So it's all bolted together, no welding, yes? What would you estimate for the weight of the gantry with the z slide removed, can one person lift it?

It's become even more important to be able to disassemble the table, as it's in a basement and the seller says he can't provide any assistance at all (hard to believe!) and I have to do it myself. I'll bring a drill/driver to make quicker work of it.

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

No welding, unless someone messed with it afterwards. Only bolted, and all metric bolts, keep that in mind.

Each extrusion piece will be less than 20#

Eric

Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The gantry is probably 60 lbs. It's not too bad for one man to move around. The Z axis comes off with 4 bolts, so remove that and carry it separately. It's already off in your picture. It looks like you got three Z-axis pieces with the table. What's the story with that? Different size mounts for different routers?

Downloads
    Uploads

Eric and mx, thanks for the information, looks like it should go easily.

There are 2 routers in this deal, a smaller on with a 30 x 49 table, and a total of 3 Z axis slides. The smaller router doesn't have the cover over the slides on the gantry, and the extrusions run parallel to the gantry, but it looks like a Techno. Haven't seen anything like it in the literature I've been able to find

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dis-assembly of Gantry III table & frame?-nj2-jpg