Need Help! Reactivating old Isel router

Thread: Reactivating old Isel router

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Reactivating old Isel router

Dear all,

I own a Isel router from 1992 in it‘s original configuration. I‘ve got it from a friend who used it for 2,5D panel cuts. When I‘ve received it, I did not have any SW and I basically used Modified PLT files that I then copied to the COM port to run it.

It‘s now standing there unused for a few years, as this methode wasn‘t very robust.

I want to reactivate the beast and in addition use the 3D capabilities it has. I made some tests in the past with hand modified files to hace it running, but that‘s just a mess.

I am in the lucky situation to atill have the documentation, or at least a part of it, which includes the commands for the controller.

Unfortunately my old PC that I‘ve used to run it does not work anymore, so I have to set up another machine.

Therefore I have plenty of questions on how I can drive that thing.

I still have a laptop with WinXP installed and a genuie COM Port, that should be OK I guess.
    There must be a better way to send the files to the Router than copy to COM1. Like this, there is no way to pause the job and I don‘t receive any feedback from the router.
    Concerning the language. Does anybody of you has an idea, what language it is? Here some commands:
    XA: go to absolute cordinate of X
    ZE: set new reference point
    MA: go to absolute cordinate (XYZ).

Any hints on these points would already help me a lot.

The machine is still untouched for 3 years now, I want to have some emore info before I get on to it.

Thanks in advane

Jeff