What could possibly make my machine any better?

Thread: What could possibly make my machine any better?

Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow What could possibly make my machine any better?

If I used it more?
    If I could find a way to make money with it?
    I'm really happy with this thing, I can only think of about five things to make it better.

1) A better post.
    2) A jog wheel.
    3) A fourth axis.
    4) A better spindle.
    5) A tool changer.

I got an old gantry lll machine with servos and an ISA card. It's freaking awesome. I can make due without those things. But it's ok to maybe someday have them. The machine runs smooth as silk and cuts like butter. I just can't complain! I don't even really have a need to upgrade my old version of mastercam. Heck, I have no need to upgrade my old computer. Everything works rock solid and reliable and I'm a happy camper.

I just got an old Dell Precision for $100 bucks with two xeon processors (had to add the extra one) but hey it came with a $2000 wildcat video card option and brand new back in the day it was a $4000 computer. I could probably get a better one for cheaper these days but who cares! I'm happy! In fact, I ain't even using my old scsi drives at the moment and that'll make it really churn and burn.
    I'm just not interested in learning about all the latest and greatest stuff for the next ten years anymore. I'm happy with what I got and frankly I think this stuff kicks ass on some of the newer stuff that's always breaking down these days. I can make just about anything I want with this thing and I think it's really cool. I can turn down jobs! I don't care!
    I'm having the time of my life right now and I'd just like to share my enthusiasm for cncing with you all.

Maybe we can start a little post right here and share some of the stuff we've made for people as gifts. How'd that be?

I made an ink stamp for a friend who designed the Swearnet logo for the trailer park boys just recently. It's a design based on his original painting.

So c'mon ya all and share some of the fun with me.
    ~Alex

PS
    I specialize in that impossible to do neck transitions to the body and headstock area surfaces for guitar so if you happen to be interested in dropping some coin to have me live the freaking dream here, I'd most appreciate it. Peace!