Newbie Techno-Isel DaVinci Update/Retrofit

Thread: Techno-Isel DaVinci Update/Retrofit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Techno-Isel DaVinci Update/Retrofit

Hello fellow CNC'ers!

I was recently lucky enough to acquire a low-hour Techno/Isel DaVinci machine (little table-top jobber) from a closing machine shop. Apparently they bought it new and only used it a handful of times for acrylic patterns, so it's just sat quietly for the last 15yrs in a dark office... waiting for me.

Now that she's home safe, we've had a chance to become better acquainted and I must say... what a well engineered/assembled machine! Very sturdy construction (my lower-back confirmed that when I picked it up for the first time) and no noticeable slop in the axis. The only weak-points I see are in the custom proprietary RS232 comm port, the OEM MoBo/software, and general lack of component cooling. So I set out to fix these shortcomings...

To Update the DaVinci's MoBo, I picked-up a SainSmart 3-axis TB6560 break-out-board, which also conveniently replaces the dated RS232 port with an LPT port.

(sadly, it isn't a direct drop-in and the case will need modification)
    Here's where I'm currently having trouble:
    --I've found info on and wired up the three existing stepper motors (the x,y,z axis all wired in parallel). However, I'm having issues identifying the four OEM PSU wires (brown, blue, black, green/yellow stripe) and their voltages. I figured the green/yellow was ground, but I get no readings across any of them. Since I want to use the systems original PSU, this is a problem.

The machine powered ON before I jerked the MoBo, so I know the PSU works... any ideas? All I can think is the E-Stop switch must be wired-up before the PSU will activate/charge it's 12v/24v rails??? Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for any help you can provide!