My Taig Setup And Ready To Go! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Taig Setup And Ready To Go!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Board drilled

OK I finished up the code. Actually had some help from friends. But here it is all trace and drilled. I traced it out at 20 IPM and the did a tool change and drilled all the holes at 6 IPM could probably do it faster. From start to finish it too 1 hour 10 minutes. Not bad. Now if I could just get something done while this was doing its thing id be more productive. I just get mezmorized by watching the machine move all by itself. It amazes me!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Taig Setup And Ready To Go!-boarddrilled-jpg  
    My little piece of the web!
    http://users.adelphia.net/~wjdupont

Downloads
    Uploads

This is Great! Posts here have given me much needed info and ideas! Woodknack.... wonderful!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a shot of a manual Taig mill that I converted to CNC.

The steppers drive the screws thru 1:1 timing belts inside the box section mountings.
    I went this way for two reasons, one, I wanted to keep the overall size down as the factory one looks like Prince Charles and secondly the original Taig motor couplings are micky mouse and a new coupling is more expensive than two pullies and a belt !
    Motors are 216 oz/ in and the small brass and plastic boxes on the sides house the limit switches.
    No drive motor fitted at this point but that will be a 90v DC motor driving thru a variable speed DC drive.
    I also need to swap the spindle out for one that holds ER16 collets so I can make use of metric shanked cutters which are cheap in the UK.

John S

Last edited by John S.; 01-04-2004 at 07:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12