Trouble with 2019DSLS

Thread: Trouble with 2019DSLS

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Trouble with 2019DSLS

Hello, I have a Taig 2019DSLS that I have been running successfully the last couple of years. I was working on my network the other day and decided to plug my computer in to the wired network as opposed to the wireless network I had been using. The moment I plugged in the network cable to the computer, the spindle on the mill started up. Since that point in time, none of the axis' operate. I can turn on the spindle and flood, but no movement. I cannot reset the machine due to limit switch and estop triggers. I do not have any physical switches or soft limits setup.

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot:
    1. Reinstalled Mach3
    2. Moved the Parallel Port Card to another slot
    3. Replaced the Parallel Port Card
    4. Run all updates on the PC
    5. Verified the correct port for the Parallel Card between "Ports and Pins" and "Device Manager"
    6. Unplugged and reseated all connections.
    7. Tried the above steps without network cable disconnected.

I have called and talked with Taig, but they do not have any solutions for me. They confirmed my settings but said I am not getting the proper input from the controller. I am assuming this is a hardware problem, but I don't know if it is the DSLS or my computer? I don't have access to another computer currently. Is there any way to test the DSLS to see if it is working properly? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Trouble with 2019DSLS

I might suggest unplugging the network cable. Then, replace the cards where the original slots. Lastly, reset the computer to the last known (or before) date that the mill ran as it should. You might want to re-install Mach 3 again and make sure you have the correct .xml file loaded as well. I am a little surprised you haven had crashes previously with the mill running it on a network. Usually, Windows wanders off and looks at ports & etc. when there is a network connected....and the mill starves for code during a run...and you have a crash. Hope this can help. Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan, thanks for the info. I spoke with Kurt at Taig again and we did some troubleshooting, he was very confused by the behavior of the machine. I also found that I was blowing an internal fuse in the control box somehow. Anyways, he asked that I send the control box in to him to take a look at, will post a resolution here when I get it back. If nothing is wrong with the controller or a repair doesn't fix the issue, I will do as you suggested.

For anyone interested, I found a great troubleshooting program called Parallel Port Tester (https://www.downtowndougbrown.com/20...l-port-tester/) that showed me the high/low status of each pin of my parallel port. I could also toggle the status of my output pins by clicking on the pin number.

I never had an issue with running on a network (while I used a wifi card in the tower), it was only after I plugged in the network cable that everything went to hell in a hand-basket.

Downloads
    Uploads

I hope you get it going. Kurt can fix it if it is fixable at all. He is sharp!! Look forward to you being up and running!!