1/4-20 slot nuts

Thread: 1/4-20 slot nuts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1/4-20 slot nuts

Been thinking about some 1/4-20 hold-down solutions to compliment my 10-32 stiff, mainly for compatibility with some 1/4" accessories I have.

Toying with a few options,

• T-nuts: Raised nut design, also will serve as hold-off (maybe only raised 1/8")
    • T-bolts: Some off the shelf 1/4 hex head bolts + "head carriers" to prevent spin and contact with slot walls

Some simplified drawings I made real quick in MS paint, sorry, CAD license is being used by someone for "real work" at the moment.

1/4-20 slot nuts-slot_nuts-png

5/16 would be be great too, but would require even more elaborate workarounds, prob gonna focus 1/4-20 for now.

Wondering mainly if anyone has tired similar with/without success.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1/4-20 slot nuts-slot_nuts-png   1/4-20 slot nuts-slot_nuts-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1/4-20 slot nuts

Your an innovator, nobody has made t nuts before. ..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adchrome View Post
    Your an innovator, nobody has made t nuts before. ..
    If someone has made 1/4-20 t-nuts that fit taig slots, please let me know!

In case you are unaware: Taig slots are too small for standard 1/4-20 t-slot equipment.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by averageJoe576 View Post
    If someone has made 1/4-20 t-nuts that fit taig slots, please let me know!

In case you are unaware: Taig slots are too small for standard 1/4-20 t-slot equipment.
    Just messin with ya, make them out of steel so less chance stripping threads. ..may be better off with 1/4 - 28

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm having a hard time seeing how the I beam shaped nut would be used. How would it be secured to the table?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    I'm having a hard time seeing how the I beam shaped nut would be used. How would it be secured to the table?
    They would secure like a regular nut, but the part couldn't be in contact, so I was wrong about "and could be used as a hold-off". Given that, maybe they aren't worth the trouble. I may look at something more like a mini-fixture table.

But I think the hex head "carriers" will work out. Currently thinking something like this (drawn to scale). Basically it just prevents turning and the hex head digging into the t-slot walls. Could get fancier with the pocket design if it turns out to have durability issues, but would need to use a smaller end mill.

1/4-20 slot nuts-05_11_16_44_24-png

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1/4-20 slot nuts-05_11_16_44_24-png