New Machine Build Deepgroove1 controller questions

Thread: Deepgroove1 controller questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Deepgroove1 controller questions

Hello group, first I have had the old controller from Deepgroove1 for many years now (maybe 10?) and have really good service from that old controller but I have recently upgraded to the gecko controller from Deepgroove1 and ordered every option that Deepgroove1 offered like the relay and home switch jack because once I order may not be able to add them later.

So here are my questions...
    1. What does the relay do and where is it located in or outside the box? (see attached photos).
    2. What does the home switch jack do and where is it located in or outside the box? (see attached photos).
    3. Also there is two plugs on the right in the back and I know the bottom one is for the power cord but what would you plug into the top one?

I don't know a lot about electronics and don't what to do something wrong on a new controller.

Thanks,
    Eric

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deepgroove1 controller questions-dp1-one-jpg   Deepgroove1 controller questions-dp1-two-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Deepgroove1 controller questions

Ok maybe the taig motor will plug into the outlet in the back and the software should be able to turn it on and off and if I had limit switches they would plug into the round connector?

Any thoughts?

Eric

I sure wish I could help, but I don't know anything about that controller. Did the seller not provide information that would help you setup and connect the controller?

Lynn

Downloads
    Uploads

From your photo compared to the one one Deepgroove1 site..There is a relay installed for the spindle...(small cube like device)
    On the connector on back. It should be wired for your limit and/or home switches inputs.
    Also it should be wired for optional relay output to control the coolant (mist or flood)

Stuart

Last edited by sclelectronics; 04-23-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks sclelectronics, but to make it clear to me. So I would plug the power cord that runs from my taig mill (from the on/off switch) into the back of the control box and when I do install limit switches I would run them to the round connector in the back? Deepgroove1 did provide a round plug to plug into the round plug in the back. At the present time I do not run a coolant system.

Thank for the help!
    Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes and yes!!
    I hope Deepgroove1 provided you with a wiring diagram for the plug....
    If not, give them a call.....
    But if not Joy, just post a photo of the G540, round jack and wires between the two.

Good Luck,
    Stuart

Downloads
    Uploads

I will have to look again, but I don't think I seen any wiring diagram but I will let you know when I can look tomorrow.

Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, I looked thru. all the boxes that came in my shipment but did not see any wiring diagram. So when I get to installing the limit switches I will post again.

I did email Deepgroove1 and he replied with the following...

on the mic 5 pin connector
    pin goes to input one on the gecko drive 2 to 2 etc

pin 5 is the ground

you need to enable the outputs on mach 3 to use the relay it is connected to output 1

Thanks again,
    Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok...
    To get Started..
    Here is the pin-out and port designation for the G540

In Mach3, configuration menu, Ports and pins....This were you enable/disable the various input/output ports...

Good Luck,

Stuart