Taig mill on order. What accessories?

Thread: Taig mill on order. What accessories?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Taig mill on order. What accessories?

I have a taig mill on order. What are some must have accessories?

Also what's a good budget kit (motors, power supply etc) for a cnc conversion. I plan on swapping my current stuff over to the taig but need something on the other to keep it functional and for sale.

Similar Threads:
    MaxNC15 - currently under construction
    Torchmate 2x2 with Flashcut CNC Controls

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taig mill on order. What accessories?

You gave up on the MaxNC? The Taig is definitely a big step up. I usually discuss with customers what they plan on making, and come up with a list of accessories based on that. Are you shopping for a budget CNC kit for the MaxNC or the Taig? If it's the latter, then don't cheap out this time - get a Gecko 540 and motors that are compatible with it. It can handle a power supply up to 50v.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taig mill on order. What accessories?

Yeah I'm giving up on it. I seems to be a decent little machine but the anti back lash nut thing drives me nuts. I had to replace the 3rd one and the acme screw. The maxnc support is non existent.
    So got a taig with ballscrews on the way as well as a standard one. The motors I have are 480oz and I'm using the torchmate controller box 2 or 2.5amp cards (forgot what size they were) and using flashcut software since I'm use to it. Mach3 seems to be way to confusing for me. I'm open to trying it out but need a controller.
    These motors have the round connectors and I think the gecko is still a db9 so not sure if there is an adapter or what I would gain by switching to a gecko.
    Just need something cheap to throw on the maxnc to keep it running and sell it. I have a tinyg but not sure if that works with mach3. It was setup for chilipeppr but that software looks horrible at best.

MaxNC15 - currently under construction
    Torchmate 2x2 with Flashcut CNC Controls