Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Taig milling machine

Hi there

This is my first post on here.
    #
    So hello to everyone!

I am interested in some feedback on the Taig Millers. If it is good I am interested in purchasing one, hopefully secondhand, where is a good source. I live in the UK and the agents for Taig there have placed an enormous markup on their machines. I have seen them advertised for around $2150 over in the states, here that is converted into pounds stirling £2150(around $3350) approx plus VAT! I have a few patents to my name, plus sold some inventions outright. I am wanting to build a decent home prototyping workshop incorporating CNC. If anyone knows of any other reasonably priced CNC Milling machines, or a source to obtain secondhand units(preferably in the UK), it would be most appreciated. anyone wanting to contact me can at markanthony18@hotmail.com with any info, but I suppose it would be more helpful to post it here too;-)

I am wanting to do small production batches in Aluminium, Plastics, stainless possibly?, can these can be done effortlessly with the taig?

Regards

Mark. .

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Welcome to cnczone. The Taig mills are nice but I see what you are saying about the price. Being an inverter, have you thought of building you own? There are many resources out there to help you out and there are a huge number of knowlegable people that run through this site that can give you some awesome pointers, especially some of the MOD's. We all love to see photo's of machines at embrio stage and love to see follow on photos to watch the development and growth stages and most of all that photo of the final birth when the breath of life is given via cnc axis motion. Oh!!! I think I'm gunna cry.

If you want any info at all just pm me and I will help you out as much as I can, otherwise take a look at the threads on this site all about this subject. As far as second hand in the UK is concerned, I dunno as I live in the land of OZ.

Take care Champ!!!

"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Inventing to Invent!

Thanks Kookaburra

I go though this process quite regular, not got it, think its too pricey, invent it ,develop it!

Problem is then, less time for developing the real inventions;-)

The other problem is me, I am a bit of a perfectionist, if your going to do a job, you need to do it well. I have been looking at the hexapod system and I am quite tempted to design a system round this structure, although the mathematical calcs are rather complex for generating movement for this particular system.

At the moment, a cheap system off the shelve would suffice for achieving small prototyping one off parts.

Thanks for the encouragement Kookaburra, I will give some thought to the idea of creating the 'baby'

Cheers. ..

Downloads
    Uploads

No Worry's Mark,

Good luck with it all anywayz.

Hope you find a system. Keep your chin up, something will come your way.

"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)