Newbie - Friction Feeder Electronics

Thread: Newbie - Friction Feeder Electronics

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Newbie - Friction Feeder Electronics

Hi,

I am a newbie on this forum, and in the cnc world. No experience in motors, electronics, PLC, etc. I work in marketing.

I am trying to build on a T-slot 40x40 and 40x80 aluminium frame, the system that you will find at the 4:14 minute, in the below video:

Pretty much, i am trying to build a Bottom Friction Feeder to move corrugated sheets that are 3000mm in length and 2000mm wide, at about 2,4kg each sheet, which means around 0.400gr/m2.

My problem is that i don't know the electronic parts that i need for this system to work. I know i need:

- stepper motors ---> but, which one? (nema 17, 23, etc.) ----> Which motor is strong enough to move 2.4kg of raw sheet?
    - drivers
    - PLC
    - power supply
    - anything else?

I would need help from someone that knows the exact parts i need to build it, that can tell me "you need this motor, this drive, this plc, etc". I have no idea what i am doing, and the more i search the more i get discouraged.

Any help, with some links for the exact products, would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie - Friction Feeder Electronics

F=MA, Force = Mass x Acceleration

Power = Force / Time.

That is a bit cryptic, but required to calculate the motors required. The mass of the sheets is really a small part of the overall calculation. The mass of the mechanics will far exceed the mass of the sheets.

If you were feeding one sheet / hour you could use a clock motor, but one sheet / second is going to require a lot more power. The overall system design also enters into the calculation.

In other words, you have not provided enough information to even make a guess at what is required.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA