Need Help! very rough axis movement while cutting

Thread: very rough axis movement while cutting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default very rough axis movement while cutting

Can anyone help me? I built a t-slot CNC (~3ft x 4ft table) and while traversing the table or jogging the machine, it runs smoothly enough, but when running g-code or cutting a file, it is like the bearings are running over gravel and severely affects the resulting part. I can’t figure out if this is a mechanical flaw or a problem with my configuration settings. I’m currently running at 1/8 microstepping. I switched from 10 microstepping per full step to reduce any likelihood of missing steps. I can upload a video if you think you might be able to help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: very rough axis movement while cutting

It sounds like there's something wrong with the motors or drives, or perhaps the software settings that are controlling them. What motors, drivers, and power supply are you using on this machine? What are the velocities and accelerations set at? What are the feedrates when you run a G-code program, and does it work any better at lower speeds?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

I’ve reduced max velocities and max accelerations to 1200mm/min and 20mm/min. I’ve looked repeatedly at my axes and have been unable to locate loose screws or binding. I also don’t understand why it wouldn’t do that while jogging the axes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Just talked to someone in another group, and it may be that I left my machine in exact stop mode rather than constant velocity. I’m going to check that out when I get back to the shop. I thought I had it on CV, but maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk