Newbie simple first cnc parts soucing

Thread: simple first cnc parts soucing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default simple first cnc parts soucing

hi all i have some 8020 4545 profiles on my hans they are used, since they are not for sale in my country, the are really nive and still straight, so i was planing building a cnc for wood working.

a small cnc about 24x24x3 inches cutting area, but i dont want to buy a gecko for it, since i want to keep it low budget, i will later build a bigger cnc with geckos and 4590 t slots that i also have second hand. but for a first try i will use the 4545 slots.

also i have some stepper some nema 17 and some nema 24 and some others high torque 8 wires i had salvage before from laboratories machines, i used to have slide rails but the bearing are bad, and they are SKF and they are too expensive to buy so i wont use those rails.

so i need to source these parts:
    screws, balls or square ones with its nuts.
    drivers and controllers for the cnc, good ones but not as expensive as geckos
    grantry plates and z axis plates
    linear slides.

does anybody have any source not china to get or any experience with some other boards than gecks??, or anybody willing to sell some used drivers savage from a machine i would like to hear them.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: simple first cnc parts soucing

For drivers, I would get some DQ542MA as a good starter. They are what I am using on my machine and is working well.

The controller will depend on if you want something that is mach3/4 compatible or just going to use bCNC/LinuxCNC/etc. I am currently using a smoothie board flashed for Grbl, which works out for my needs. Other than that, if you use external drivers, the knockoffs on amazon are really decent boards. Just look up/read the reviews of the board.

For screws, you can go T8 or higher acme screws and be just fine. If the machine was going to be 1meter or more, I would suggest ball screws though as the whip in leadscrews is to Mich at that length.

Plates. If you can get your hands on some aluminum, and you have a drill press, it is probably the easiest way to make the plates until the machine is made and you can make better ones fit for the machine.

Linear slides. Are you able to remove the bearings in the slide? If so, you should be able to take one out and measure it with a micrometer and buy new bearings in the size you need. On top of that, you can usually get the decently cheap instead of buying whole new rails. If you want to buy new ones though, they will coat you. Will probably be the most expensive part of the build because even the Chinese ones are not that cheap, but still worth using.

Downloads
    Uploads

Definately use the Nema 24 size motor, nema 17 will be too small for a CNC.

For "slidding rails", you have multiple choices, dependant on the strenght required for your CNC router. You can choose between "SBR" type blocks with guide shafts or you can choose HIWIN / Kossel type rails and blocks. Have a look on this shop: https://voltatek.ca/49-linear-blocks-guides

For the screws : you can get generic ball screws (1605 or 1610) for a low price.

There are also many CNC controllers available at low prices, you just need to choose the one that will fit your needs.

Last edited by wendtmk; 08-02-2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Deleted advertising link

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

check us out @ www.cncpartsonline.com