Need Help! X axis problem

Thread: X axis problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default X axis problem

Hello everyone,
    I built a cnc/3d printer out of 2040 t-slot aluminum
    It's intended for light cnc work, engraving mdf or acrylic.
    The design is similar to most of 3d printers with dual nema 23 steppers z axis
    Nema 17 for both the x and y
    For the cnc electronics i'm using a bob with parallel port and single axis tb6560 for both x and y
    and tb6600 for the dual z steppers
    I'm using bearing blocks and smooth shafts for all axes with gt2 belts and 20 teeth pulleys on the steppers
    After completing the build and wiring I started caliberating the motors in mach3
    The problem is with the x axis
    the micro stepping is at 1/8 and it should be 40 steps /mm
    After using auto caliberation function in mach3 and measuring the travel with a ruler ,every time I get a different travel
    I tried tensioning the belt, loosening, vibration dampners for stepper, switching nema 17 motors,using nema 23 stepper ,switching drivers, changing idler nontoothed pulley with a toothed one abnd even using a new parallel cable. Still I get different reading every time I caliberate
    I did a few test pieces on plywood and the piece came out with deviations in the x axis which are not consistent
    Is the problem with the design or what
    I have been trying to fix it for over a month to no avail.
    Thanks.?X axis problem-img_20180508_024610-jpg