Build CNC router/3D printer using T-slot extrusions?

Thread: Build CNC router/3D printer using T-slot extrusions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Build CNC router/3D printer using T-slot extrusions?

I would like to build CNC router/3D printer using T-slot extrusions. Working area should be at least 12" by 12". Any plans or kits?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Build CNC router/3D printer using T-slot extrusions?

Hey that was y question exactly.
    Firstly i am new in CNC so the next information might not be as accurate, yet it addresses some questions i had when i decided to build my own cnc.
    So i wanted a CNC router easy to build. Easy for me is that i dont have to make complicated design that need a plasma router to cut aluminum in specific complex sizes etc.
    I saw the t-slots and said.. why not a cnc made only from t-slot? Really i didn't make any deep research but what ever i found did not include tslot only. So i concluded that maybe t-slot machines are either hard to do or not efficient to do.

Despite the above i tried to design a cnc using only t-slots. I found that the mechanical components are not 't-slot' compatible so special mounting plates are hard if impossible to avoid. Having this in mind i tried to use plates that are easy to construct using a saw and a drill. I tookt the 16 way (SBR16, SFU16, BK/BF 12, NEMA 23)

The main idea of the rail is not science and comes from the next picture
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XjlzXYTBHbh0FbLy1
    It would be great to find a profile as in the picture that seems to be compatible with the rest, although it is a riddle how BK/BF seems to attach in a 30 profile.

Any way, i made a design using two solutions as you can see in the picture. It's not perfect but gives starting point.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/5IZOsOZrNByPAq502

I still want to find experts to discuss about what may seem to be wrong with this.
    The one in the design have ballscrews of 25cm, 55cm and 65cm, but size is easy to change. I took two approaches although the right one seems better, but that and more is something i want to discuss with people that know.

I would appreciate if you find any info or designs and share them with me.