Check It Out

Thread: Check It Out

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Check It Out

Just finished adding one of these to my "Used X3 Mill" got tired Real Fast of doing the "wrench thing" So, I whipped this lady up and What a difference it made!
    I need to add an inch to the 1/2" stands...I origionally intended on making a new DrawBar for a 3/4" Socket...but this works like a charm...using an 8mm Allen Socket.....Totally Awesome!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Check It Out-mvc-330x-jpg   Check It Out-mvc-331x-jpg   Check It Out-mvc-327x-jpg   Check It Out-mvc-324x-jpg  

Check It Out-mvc-323x-jpg   Check It Out-mvc-333x-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good. I'd made made the decision to go with the 8MM drive myself, glad to see it will actually work. Now I'd better start making the parts!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks really good, have you used a pnuematic rattle gun for the drive or is it a special motor?
    To use the same system on a X4+ it would require the motor to be raised and lowered to engage the socket. Has anyone done this yet?

I have a Hitashi cordless rattle gun I was thinking of using but I'm not sure if it is powerful enough, I will try it tonight.

Martin

Martin

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought the plans from homeshopaccessories@insightbb.com(15.00) total spent was 45.00..It uses a 3/8" Butterfly Ratchet..I had it built in day, I know it would work on an
    X4 As easily as the X3. The round base is my own idea (similar to a Kurt System) I will roll a piece of .062 6061 to enclose things.I tried to use a Small Compressor just to see if it would work...but it needs 90psi to tighten an R8 Collet. Makes things So much faster. And easier for sure!

Downloads
    Uploads

Sweet!

I built the same powered drawbar. They make it so much nicer to use the mill. You'll find the repeatability of solid (not the R8 collets) R8 tool holders is excellent too.

BTW, for those hesitating, buy one of those impact wrenches from Harbor Freight. Even if you never build the fancy powered drawbar, just using one handheld makes tool changes go a lot faster.

Cheers,

BW

Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Check It Out

Quote Originally Posted by Journey_Man View Post
    I bought the plans from homeshopaccessories@insightbb.com(15.00) total spent was 45.00..It uses a 3/8" Butterfly Ratchet..I had it built in day, I know it would work on an
    X4 As easily as the X3. The round base is my own idea (similar to a Kurt System) I will roll a piece of .062 6061 to enclose things.I tried to use a Small Compressor just to see if it would work...but it needs 90psi to tighten an R8 Collet. Makes things So much faster. And easier for sure!
    Are they still in business ??? I bought the Basic Kit for the ATC... Looks great... BUT the emails keep bouncing