2020 x7 mill user input requested

Thread: 2020 x7 mill user input requested

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2020 x7 mill user input requested

I am really interested in this machine, and would like to learn more. I personally feel it sits in the market exactly between the Tormach 1100mx and Haas MiniMill or TM0P. I feel that because the machine appears to be constructed to very industrial spec while some of the controls and the accessories are more on the commodity end (even to Mach3 with steppers). Support is more like Tormach like in that you are the tech with parts are stocked in the US. The Syntec control is related to Syil and will have updates available for user install (similar to Tormach).

The fact that there are control options is both awesome and simultaneously challenging to research. This is what I have learned so far. The LNC-6800 machine runs on single phase with 4 1/2 hp spindle, while the Syntec, Siemens and Fanuc control machines are 3 phase with 7 1/2 HP spindle. Syil recommends (and can sell with package) American Rotary AD-15 phase converter. All these machines can have any of the spindle/tool changer and accessory options available.

If you have an X7 please post about your experience. I am familiar with both PathPilot and Haas controls so any comparisons between either and the control you have would be appreciated. I am particularly interested in your user experience is with loading programs, tool library, tool setting, wcs setting and other things I would do when running multiple parts/setups per day.

Similar Threads:
    -Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2020 x7 mill user input requested

Quote Originally Posted by maker of things View Post
    I am really interested in this machine, and would like to learn more. I personally feel it sits in the market exactly between the Tormach 1100mx and Haas MiniMill or TM0P. I feel that because the machine appears to be constructed to very industrial spec while some of the controls and the accessories are more on the commodity end (even to Mach3 with steppers). Support is more like Tormach like in that you are the tech with parts are stocked in the US. The Syntec control is related to Syil and will have updates available for user install (similar to Tormach).

The fact that there are control options is both awesome and simultaneously challenging to research. This is what I have learned so far. The LNC-6800 machine runs on single phase with 4 1/2 hp spindle, while the Syntec, Siemens and Fanuc control machines are 3 phase with 7 1/2 HP spindle. Syil recommends (and can sell with package) American Rotary AD-15 phase converter. All these machines can have any of the spindle/tool changer and accessory options available.

If you have an X7 please post about your experience. I am familiar with both PathPilot and Haas controls so any comparisons between either and the control you have would be appreciated. I am particularly interested in your user experience is with loading programs, tool library, tool setting, wcs setting and other things I would do when running multiple parts/setups per day.

Please join our Facebook user group and all our customers will help with your quesitons.

Direction,Commitment,Follow through

parts are stocked in the US.
    I'm actually really curious to see a couple of years down the road how this pans out. From what I've seen on the Facebook group, most of the machines in the US are under 2 years old, so I don't think many people have tested parts availability yet, or how long support for a machine will last. I haven't seen any reports yet from machine owner's of "X part broke, and I had a replacement next week".

If Syil's presence in the US keeps growing, they'll actually face a challenge in supporting their machines. Fully optioned out they are close to Haas prices, and people expect a service tech to be able to be sent out to fix machine issues though 1) hobbyists will keel over once they see service tech rates, 2) I'm not sure if Syil US has any service techs on the payroll, and 3) how many service techs in the US (Syil or 3rd party) and familiar with LNC, Syntec, and Siemens controls? That aspect is one big point in Haas and Tormach's favor right now (on different ends of the spectrum).

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2020 x7 mill user input requested

Here’s a video I made that might help you. I’m not real good at the video thing however so don’t judge. LOL I tend to ramble and say Um a lot. Anyway hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by footpetaljones View Post
    I'm actually really curious to see a couple of years down the road how this pans out. From what I've seen on the Facebook group, most of the machines in the US are under 2 years old, so I don't think many people have tested parts availability yet, or how long support for a machine will last. I haven't seen any reports yet from machine owner's of "X part broke, and I had a replacement next week".
    3) how many service techs in the US (Syil or 3rd party) and familiar with LNC, Syntec, and Siemens controls? That aspect is one big point in Haas and Tormach's favor right now (on different ends of the spectrum).
    I would lean towards siemens (fanuc is available too) for the above concerns. Siemens already has a lot of 808d controls out in the world. Siemens isn't a small company and not going away anytime soon. I would wager that in 20 years if there is a blown drive or bad servo motor, you will be able to find a used one on ebay or call Siemens to get the same part or they will be able to tell you what the direct replacement is (or buy an entire retrofit control for that matter). Many companies sell and service Siemens so an individual should even be able to hire someone to come out and trouble shoot down the road if the individual doesn't feel capable themselves.

I understand the rails and screws are off the shelf parts too, Hiwin or THK so similar situation. The spindle cartridge and ATC could possibly be tricky. I sure would like to see wiring schematics come with the machine, even Tormach does that. Not having the diagram would surely be a liability down the road.

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sd624 View Post
    Here’s a video I made that might help you. I’m not real good at the video thing however so don’t judge. LOL I tend to ramble and say Um a lot. Anyway hope it helps.

I personally appreciate the content.

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    Please join our Facebook user group and all our customers will help with your quesitons.
    I understand that you have built a community on facebook. I do not use facebook. I do not want to use facebook. Not upset, just trying to explain why I request content on other platforms.

As more machines arrive, looking forward to more content here, on YouTube and instagram. I found Nerdly's youtube channel as a result of my search and his content looks good so far.

This forum is easy for anybody to search and find content since they do not need to be a member to read content. The forum also acts as a type of historical document so information and opinions we post today will be available years from now.

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

I understand that you have built a community on facebook. I do not use facebook. I do not want to use facebook. Not upset, just trying to explain why I request content on other platforms.

As more machines arrive, looking forward to more content here, on YouTube and instagram. I found Nerdly's youtube channel as a result of my search and his content looks good so far.

This forum is easy for anybody to search and find content since they do not need to be a member to read content. The forum also acts as a type of historical document so information and opinions we post today will be available years from now.
    The X7 looks like a really nice mill. Pretty sure Syil offers machine discounts to youtubers in return for positive reviews, I realize that other CNC mill manufactures also offer machine discounts (free machines even) to youtubers as well so can't blame Syil for marketing their mills that way.

I hope to see a Syil CNC mill in person at CMTS in October.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    The X7 looks like a really nice mill. Pretty sure Syil offers machine discounts to youtubers in return for positive reviews, I realize that other CNC mill manufactures also offer machine discounts (free machines even) to youtubers as well so can't blame Syil for marketing their mills that way.

I hope to see a Syil CNC mill in person at CMTS in October.
    I think "influencer" discounts are pretty standard for many of the machine tool builders.
    Jeff said they plan to have machines with LNC and Syntec controls at IMTS 2022 next year. Give him a call and see if they are going to CMTS.

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

I personally appreciate the content.
    No problem and I’m not sponsored by anyone. Just wanted to put out a video showing the differences because I was looking for something like that when I was deciding on a machine. However there’s no substitute for seeing one in person. Have you talked to Wes about finding a local X7 to look at?

Downloads
    Uploads

No problem and I’m not sponsored by anyone. Just wanted to put out a video showing the differences because I was looking for something like that when I was deciding on a machine. However there’s no substitute for seeing one in person. Have you talked to Wes about finding a local X7 to look at?

I talked to Jeff for quite awhile last week. Sounds like one Chicago area, another near Ann Arbor. Either way, a couple hours drive from me.

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

I talked to Jeff for quite awhile last week. Sounds like one Chicago area, another near Ann Arbor. Either way, a couple hours drive from me.
    Well if you visit Eric’s in AnnArbor you might as well look at mine as well. I’m 15-20 minutes from Him. And if you’re coming from the south you will drive past me to get to AA. I looked at his when I was deciding on what to get. He has the Syntec 5 axis controller with the HSK 30k spindle. It’s a nice setup up.

Downloads
    Uploads

No problem and I’m not sponsored by anyone....

Thank you for the informative video. I certainly did not think that you are sponsored by Syil. I hope no one reading my post above thinks you are because that was no my intention. Looking forward to seeing your X7 make a few parts.

Syil could have much better content on their YouTube channel.

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=sd624;2469920]Here’s a video I made that might help you. I’m not real good at the video thing however so don’t judge. LOL I tend to ramble and say Um a lot. Anyway hope it helps.

Thank you for the video. Do you happen to know the minimum air requirements for the X7?
    CFM @ PSI?

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=sportbob06;2471526]

Thank you for the video. Do you happen to know the minimum air requirements for the X7?
    CFM @ PSI?
    No problem! I working on one now where we machine a part then have it measured on a CMM to test the accuracy of the X7. Should have out this weekend.

90psi is the minimum that Syil recommends for the tool changer. No recommend CFM. Probably because the CFM required is so low any air compressor would work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

I am still a little wary of the syntec control because I don't know the name and am concerned if it will be supported in 10 or 20 years. I emailed them and asked what other machines their controls are on and this is the reply I got:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for reaching out. Our control is used on many machine tool manufacturers, Syntec actually sold about 65,000 controls in 2020 internationally.

Some American manufacturers include Fadal (We have a custom interface for their machines https://www.fadal.com/), Freedom CNC (https://aasalesandservice.com/), Expand machinery (previously known as Ganesh https://www.expandmachinery.com/). Also our cnc controls are used widely in the wood working industry, some notable brands Anderson group, Machine tool camp, Cataly Lobo, and many other manufacturers that import routers in.

We have been working closely with Syil and are adding to their custom interface to make the user experience better as well. Also the 22MA is actually one of Syntec's higher end controls and the specs would compare to the 828D Seimens control, far superior to the entry level 808D.

If you have any other questions about the control please let me know.

Regards,

Milan Ardeshna

Application Engineer / Sales
    766 Pinefalls Ave
    Walnut, Ca 91789
    Office: 909-551-0187
    Cell: 562-879-3146

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

I'm in the same boat. I just found out about these machines while I've been looking at the tm0p. I really like the siemens controller I had one at previous employer on a dmg dmu 50 it was a great setup for prototype and R&D parts. So far my biggest concern is repairs. Sales guy basically said they don't break well no machine never breaks and im just worried ill be boned in couple years if something wears out or fails.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have an X7 that has been running daily for the last 3 years, I went for the Siemens control package for the 3 year on site warranty on the Siemens components.
    It's been, and continues to be, brilliant!

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations