Syil X3

Thread: Syil X3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Syil X3

Is there anyone who can advise on a spindle control board on a X3, Neil who used to be on this site is no longer around so any help would be apriciated

Mike

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Syil X3

Still here. You have s problem?

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Neil
    Tried to conntact you earlier in the year but no reply so assumed you were not around, but thankfully I was wrong, as you are the only one who understands the X3 mill.

Problem is no spindle power, the front panel readout not lit, no clunk when turn on. As there has been many problems with Syil electronics I am thinking of ditching the existing board.

Thoughts are powering motor via VFD controled by speed card in turn by Mach3, so have Mach3 working as usual?

Any thoughts or advice? if you want to comunicate directly e-mail palmermichael[at]talktalk.net

Regards

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike.

Can you take some photos of the main board so I know which version you have. Do you gave schematics?
    Do not remove front panel with power on. The magic smoke will escape, then make sure the quill us all the way down so you don't damage anything.
    No need to access front panel yet.

No clunk?

Means no power to drivers.
    Can be:
    Emergency stop button. Do you use it much? Will kill main relay.
    First off, with power unplugged, tug each wire on connectors.
    What is your level of electronic experience? Multimeter.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

Neil
    To clarify the problem it is only the spindle that has stopped working all steepers work ok, I just turned on and no readout on front panel, I did not use e-stop. I have checked all connections as aware of bad crimps
    I am resonably ok with electronics yes I have a mutimeter, here is pic of board

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Syil X3-p1070255-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike.

I have emailed PDF. Too large to attache! Grrr.
    just updated known errors. Navigate with bookmarks is best. All the information I have, in one place. Enjoy

Neil

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Hi Mike.

I have emailed PDF. Too large to attache! Grrr.
    just updated known errors. Navigate with bookmarks is best. All the information I have, in one place. Enjoy

Neil
    Hi Neil, is it possible to send me this document too please? I tried to send you a private message with my email address but you have exceeded your storage quota (popular guy).

I've got my Syil X3 out of storage (8 years or more) and this might be helpful if I have problems getting it up and running again.

Thanks
    Steve