Syil X4+ Mach 3 spindle RPM feedback

Thread: Syil X4+ Mach 3 spindle RPM feedback

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Syil X4+ Mach 3 spindle RPM feedback

Hi Gang,

I recently set up a Syil X4 plus in my garage but cannot get mach 3 to display RPM feedback. After some searching, I found a post that made it sound like it just isn't possible for this machine, is this true? I thought maybe it was a ports and pins issue, but i can't seem to find anything. The machine itself is displaying RPM as it should, but I cannot calibrate the spindle in mach 3 and so any G-code program I run is way off on spindle speed. Am I stuck overriding spindle RPM every time i run a program?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Syil X4+ Mach 3 spindle RPM feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ruedorb View Post
    Hi Gang,

I recently set up a Syil X4 plus in my garage but cannot get mach 3 to display RPM feedback. After some searching, I found a post that made it sound like it just isn't possible for this machine, is this true? I thought maybe it was a ports and pins issue, but i can't seem to find anything. The machine itself is displaying RPM as it should, but I cannot calibrate the spindle in mach 3 and so any G-code program I run is way off on spindle speed. Am I stuck overriding spindle RPM every time i run a program?

Thanks!

Hey Rue,

I have just bought a machine like yours, and are going thru the same issue, however I have done some adjustments to get very close to the machine screen display's RPM, but to be hones I dont even trust the MSD (machine screen display), I would be installing a ring encoder to get real revs, or maybe install a prox sensor to the pulley. Anyways this might help you out.

Go to Mach3 edit tab and go to pulley something, and there I have notice my spindle lowest rpm is 400 and max is 6000 therefor if you play around with those two values you can make it close enough to the MSD reading.

I'll post advances as I discover more.

Thanks.