Super x3 Mill

Thread: Super x3 Mill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Super x3 Mill

Hi, I am looking for help on a new Super X3 mill/ drilling machine that I purchased as is “ shipping damage” There is absolutely no physical damage that I can see. But when I push the start button an error message is shown on the top panel display. How do I determine if it is the motor / front circuit board / rear circuit board. I can detect a slight (1/100”) movement on the spindle, but then the error message appears and that’s it. Looking for help and advice.
    Eddie

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Super x3 Mill

I take it that the spindle moves freely by hand?

Check the fuses.
    What is the RPM set to?
    Search for the error code either in the manual or on the web and find out that it means.
    Open the cover and inspect to ensure all wires are connected and not lose.

I was doing some research on the X3. Looks like it may have a BLDC spindle motor. That means that the controller is more complex than just a DC source. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with that system, so you should probably call tech support.

Last edited by maxspongebob; 10-23-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The spindle turns freely. I will check voltage to motor. If I get a voltage reading at the motor junction box (behind back panel) does this tell me it is the motor that is at fault. You mention tech support. How do I find them ? Sorry new to this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, if you don't want to get flamed on the web, you will have to start doing a bit of research on your own instead of just asking first without thinking. Google "super x3 mill tech support" surprise, the manual is the first result. Read page 5.