Nomura NN13 lathe questions?

Thread: Nomura NN13 lathe questions?

Default Nomura NN13 lathe questions?

Hi All we recently purchased a Nomura NN13 sb2 lathe. The machine is missing the guide bushing and all related parts. Does anybody know what guide bushing this machine takes? According to the parts list I have it should be a p10 guide bush, however all of the collet manufactures tell me it should be a p16 guide bushing. I think it would be weird that the machine would take a 10mm bush if the spindle is 13mm through.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nomura NN13 lathe questions?

Hardinge calls them P16. Some others call it P1653C (collet) and P1653D (guide bushing). At least that's what my NN13 takes.

~Kilroy~

Would either of you happen to have the setup program and O9801 macro the nomura program manual calls out ? I recently got a NN13 with a dead battery and had to reload everything . I’m new to Swiss and Trying to program by following nomura manuals.

I have the machine parameters in pdf form some where, but its all in Japanese so if I lose my battery im going to have to hire a translator.

alloy craft I was in the same boat . my machine came with a dead battery . google translator worked wonders and its free

im trying to figure out how to program this machine by following the program manual . my problem is I didn't have the O9801start position program . some nice people on here gave me there copy off there machine but all 3 were different . im new to swiss and having a hard time wraping my head around starting position .

I have a nn13 sb2 with O9801 and O9801 programs and some others. However I have not actually used this machine and haven't figured out how to output any files yet. Do you have any of the Nomura user manuals?

Downloads
    Uploads

WHAT MITSUBISHI CONTROL DOES THE MACHINE HAVE?

Below is the lead-in lines for a NN-13SB program. These are the lines that precede your first tool call (typically 1st tool call is for a front turn to face off new part). The below lines are for when you load a new bar and turn off Block Skip to prep a new bar for running parts. These lines are set up for a LH part off tool; otherwise the G0Z.295 line would read more like G0Z.01 for a RH part off tool.

The /G65P9801 line is used as follows:
    It calls the 9801 program and passes the following information to the macro:

X-.03 is the bottom of the X stroke you want to stop at when the new bar is parted off - we use -.03 because we use a 7 degree x .087w Iscar Do-Grip part off and want to be sure the back side of the insert is below center so as not to leave a nib
    D.25 is the diameter of the material you are running (use the actual decimal diameter of the raw material bar)
    Z1.25 is the amount of Z axis stroke you want to use to make the part. The smaller the number the closer the spindle will come to the back side of the bushing when it starts a new part and the less stroke will be used on the headstock.
    S2000 is the spindle speed (G97) that will be used to part off the new bar. This speed is only used when parting off a new bar.
    F.001 is the feed/rev for the cutting off of the end of the new bar only.

Note - this G65P9801 line will ONLY be seen by the control when you turn off Block skip and load a NEW bar for trim cut and running of parts. This program will not be seen again after it is run because the M10 at the end of the sub-program O9801 will TURN ON Block Skip for automatic running of parts.

Hope this helps with getting you up and started with Nomura - We have 12 of their machines and love them.

%
    O160000(P/N RI0160000 )
    $1
    ( P/N:RI0160000/B-ACTUAL)
    (0160000.SB1)
    /G65P9801X-.03D.295Z1.25S2000F.001
    M01
    G0Z.295T00 (LH PART OFF)
    M18
    G0Z-.01M33
    G0X.5

(Call your first tool & start machining here)

Last edited by Ohbeewan1; 11-05-2020 at 02:24 PM.