Need help to zero A1, A2, A3 Citizen C32

Thread: Need help to zero A1, A2, A3 Citizen C32

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help to zero A1, A2, A3 Citizen C32

Just bought a Citizen C32 with Meldas600 and Intelligent motors. I finally manage to get the axis zeroed using procedure and manual jog pressing against end but I can not zero A1, A2, A3( for front and back spindle Chuck clamping and knock-out jig) still in Z70 alarm. I can enter in zeroing procedure mode but I do not know how to move them. If anyone familiar with procedure can give me a guidance will be grate.

Additional question for who is familiar with this machines, almost all axes are dry; oil is pumped only during machining on defined time intervals?

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help to zero A1, A2, A3 Citizen C32

Zeroing procedure sorted; I finally found the page.

Q For Cincom users: My machine was out of production for more than a year and almost all my axes are dry at the moment;I can apply oil on rails but I'm wondering if oil is pumped only during machining on defined time intervals?
    I just want to exclude a fault on the oil system.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Guten Tag meinen Freund.

Welche "Alarm" ist auf der Maschine?

English Bitte? I am from Canada.

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry, i see your post now.

yes you can spray oil of the slides. I would also oil the spindle bobbin. way oil or hydraulic oil is fine. the ballscrews are grease and there are fittings throughout the machine for this.

the way lube pump, if original, has a slow synchronous motor that is when turning when power is applied, and turns a cam to move the plunger up, then release and the spring pressure pushes it down.

I would take the tank off the way lube and dump it, clean/replace the little wafer filter in the plunger inlet, and refill with good clean way lube. If the way lube looks funky, its probably also funky in the oil lines. It is not advised to put any kind of solvents thru the lines, although I have used ISO 10 or 20 hydraulic/spindle oil to purge out some sludge. Best results ive had is to make a clean filtered, regulated, and lubricated air adapter and hook that up to the way oil line to the machine. It will push the thick old way oil out into the linear bearing and lube points, so really pump the new clean oil through to really purge out the system.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help to zero A1, A2, A3 Citizen C32

Quote Originally Posted by RevetsP View Post
    sorry, i see your post now.

yes you can spray oil of the slides. I would also oil the spindle bobbin. way oil or hydraulic oil is fine. the ballscrews are grease and there are fittings throughout the machine for this.

the way lube pump, if original, has a slow synchronous motor that is when turning when power is applied, and turns a cam to move the plunger up, then release and the spring pressure pushes it down.

I would take the tank off the way lube and dump it, clean/replace the little wafer filter in the plunger inlet, and refill with good clean way lube. If the way lube looks funky, its probably also funky in the oil lines. It is not advised to put any kind of solvents thru the lines, although I have used ISO 10 or 20 hydraulic/spindle oil to purge out some sludge. Best results ive had is to make a clean filtered, regulated, and lubricated air adapter and hook that up to the way oil line to the machine. It will push the thick old way oil out into the linear bearing and lube points, so really pump the new clean oil through to really purge out the system.
    I thought no one will answer.Thanks a lot for advice.My plan was to disconnect the lines from the pump and inject & air blow some engine oil (which contain stronger detergents) to melt all this creamy moisture I found in one guide bushing at opposite end.Your advice came just in time. Now I will remove the old and unknown oil (which honestly look suspect)clean the filter and blow the lines with ISO10/20 and air. After just fill the system with new oil.
    I have three questions : 1st-What air pressure I can blow maximum; 2nd-Pump is running all the time or on time intervals; 3rd-What oil I should use after for machine operation. Machine still have the original Japanese pump.
    Most probably is the filter and lines; Previous owner did'not care to much about just work work work... till death. Now she is live again and I should take care off.