2nd Ethernet Hanwah w/Fanuc 18i

Thread: 2nd Ethernet Hanwah w/Fanuc 18i

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2nd Ethernet Hanwah w/Fanuc 18i

is it possible to add a second Ethernet port to the Fanuc controllers?

We have a situation where we are adding a hp cool-tech power pump 1200 series high pressure pump and it requires the embedded port to function. We are already using the embedded port for FTP and Machine Metrics to keep track of production, so I was wondering if there was a way to add a second port?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2nd Ethernet Hanwah w/Fanuc 18i

Just connect the pump to any Ethernet port on the same network that your machine is on, It will work, trust me..

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Re: 2nd Ethernet Hanwah w/Fanuc 18i

Quote Originally Posted by PEGBOARD View Post
    Just connect the pump to any Ethernet port on the same network that your machine is on, It will work, trust me..
    There are complex instructions on how to configure the fanuc controller and part of that is a specific ip address that looks suspiciously like an autoconfiguration address (169....). I don't see where I can change the ip address of the pump to make it compatible with our network but thank you, you have given me something to shoot for. Perhaps I can sign into the pump with a laptop or something to change its interface settings? Also I am concerned that the myrid changes will interfere with the FOCAS settings and prevent the machine form outputting metrics on the FOCAS port.

Downloads
    Uploads

To answer your initial question, yes you can add another port. Not a real cheap solution, hardware comes from fanuc. I think the price for the high speed port on our last retrofit was ~1200.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=econcepts;2023146]There are complex instructions on how to configure the fanuc controller and part of that is a specific ip address that looks suspiciously like an autoconfiguration address (169....). I don't see where I can change the ip address of the pump to make it compatible with our network but thank you, you have given me something to shoot for. Perhaps I can sign into the pump with a laptop or something to change its interface settings? Also I am concerned that the myrid changes will interfere with the FOCAS settings and prevent the machine form outputting metrics on the FOCAS port.[/QUOT

Looking at your setup is your focus port hard wired or a wireless setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PEGBOARD View Post
    Looking at your setup is your focus port hard wired or a wireless setup.
    its hardwired, but the problem has been solved.

We used a brainboxes industrial Ethernet switch - Industrial Ethernet 4 Port Switch DIN Rail Mountable - SW-504 - Brainboxes - Industrial Ethernet IO and Serial and installed it inside the controller using the 24V bus. Ports as follows: 1. Shop Ethernet, 2. Pump, 3 Machine, 4 Machine front panel port (for a potential laptop connection or for a wth we happen to have another port)

I then reprogrammed the PLC in the pump with their software to a compatible address (from the comfort of my workstation, I might add), switched the machine back to a compatible address and set the pump to use the new address of the machine, it all seems to work great.

Last edited by econcepts; 05-17-2017 at 01:28 AM. Reason: small comment