Surfcam V3.0 on Windows 10

Thread: Surfcam V3.0 on Windows 10

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Surfcam V3.0 on Windows 10

So..I'm a one man plastic injection tool and die shop. Been using Surfcam since 1997. I don't upgrade often because it works for the most part and upgrading has gotten pricey...IMO.
    I have Surfcam V3.0 B357 and am currently on a dying windows 7 desktop. Very soon I will have to buy a windows 10 machine and was wondering if anyone has any experience with whether it will work or not. My Surfcam DNC software is running on a dedicated XP PC because it wouldn't run on the W7...(probably a good clue there).
    Anybody know ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Surfcam V3.0 on Windows 10

Not sure about V3.0 but try it on a old win 10 machine first, they are cheap and plentiful now. My guess it will work fine. I too gave up on maintenance and I've been running Surfcam V6 from around 2012 on a windows 10 computer with all the latest updates with no problems. I keep a V5.2 on my machine to view older DSN files with no problems. I'm pretty sure I also had V4.0 on there for a few years with no problems. I've been using Surfcam since 1996 using multiple Operating systems. Windows 10 seems to be the most stable but I did give up on trying to network directly to the machine using Ethernet. The machine is DOS based and Win10 doesn't communicate with DOS very well. I also went with an XP PC for a while then went to USB about 2 years ago.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Surfcam V3.0 on Windows 10

Thanks for the response. I will give it a try.