Need Help! 2014 R1 SpaceMouse compatibility?

Thread: 2014 R1 SpaceMouse compatibility?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question 2014 R1 SpaceMouse compatibility?

Started at a new shop that uses Surfcam 2014 R1 and can't seem to get my SpaceMouse to work with it. The 3DConnexion software sees Surfcam, but I don't get any movement in Surfcam. They also have Autodesk PartMaker 2017 and it works there - is this old version of Surfcam not compatible?

Similar Threads:
    pearls ain't free

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2014 R1 SpaceMouse compatibility?

I'm still using Surfcam 6 from 2012. I did use a older 3D Space mouse called the Space Explorer with Surfcam and it worked but couldn't find an advantage to using it over a good mouse. I decided to shelve the Space Explorer to free up desk space and never regretted it. I currently use the MX Master 2S mouse from Logitech. It has buttons on the side that can be assigned to key strokes Surfcam uses to rotate, trim, delete, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

The new Spacemouse isn’t a replacement for a mouse - it supplements your conventional mouse. It’s used solely for manipulating the part, typically with your left hand. Once you’ve become accustomed to using one, it isn’t just difficult to go without it, it’s frustrating.

pearls ain't free

Downloads
    Uploads

"The new Spacemouse isn’t a replacement for a mouse - it supplements your conventional mouse."

Agree and never said it was and I did use it along with a mouse for a year . It just wasn't very good or even needed with Surfcam, there are other alternatives is all I'm saying. The "new" Spacemouse doesn't look any different than my Space Explorer fro 6 or 7 years ago. I enjoy the desk space more.

Last edited by moldcore; 12-21-2018 at 07:42 PM. Reason: type o

Downloads
    Uploads

Right.

So is there anyone that can actually help?

pearls ain't free

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried 3DConnexion? I just reinstalled mine using the latest driver dated 12/18/2018 and Surfcam still works with it. Checking there website it shows Surfcam is listed but it's not certified. You may want to check with them after the holidays. They tried to help me years ago with another software I was using at the time. My problem then was I couldn't get the screen image to slow down. Everything just flew all over the place. Never did get it to work properly.

Downloads
    Uploads

2015 R2 works with my space mouse (I know you're asking about 2014 R1 but I doubt there is any difference). I do remember having to restart everything the first time to get Surfcam to recognize it. It does move MUCH slower in Surfcam than it does in my daily CAM software. I'm using Driver Version 1.4.2.14725 from 2/5/2018.