SURFCAM to Unveil 2015 R1 at IMTS - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SURFCAM to Unveil 2015 R1 at IMTS

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SURFCAM to Unveil 2015 R1 at IMTS

I remember that in 2005 received a free version of SolidWorks PDO (Part Design Only) during the upgrade Surfcam.
    I already have 2015R1 Beta version, but is still at a very early stage I think, the layout is the same as the 2014 version, I found strange after what I saw in the sneak peaks.
    I'll wait to see what is going on!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Billetgrip View Post
    I wouldn't know....I've never had enough of a problem drawing a solid in Surfcam to need anything different.
    Okay this confuses me. Unless something drastically happened between V6 from 2012 and the 2014 version, Surfcam doesn't draw solids. Did I miss something? Are you drawing in Part Modeler?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by forjaco View Post
    I remember that in 2005 received a free version of SolidWorks PDO (Part Design Only) during the upgrade Surfcam.
    I already have 2015R1 Beta version, but is still at a very early stage I think, the layout is the same as the 2014 version, I found strange after what I saw in the sneak peaks.
    I'll wait to see what is going on!
    So the interface is still pretty much the same, great. I'm was toying with the idea of upgrading to 2015 but this news isn't what I was hoping to hear. Yeah, SolidWorks PDO was what I was thinking. Sounds like Part Modeler is not the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Let's be real here Moldcore. After all the bashing of Surfcam you've done in the recent past, do you really expect us to believe you would voluntarily upgrade to another version of Surfcam?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    Okay this confuses me. Unless something drastically happened between V6 from 2012 and the 2014 version, Surfcam doesn't draw solids. Did I miss something? Are you drawing in Part Modeler?
    Open Surfcam/ Create/ Surfaces. Have fun!

Downloads
    Uploads

Let's be real here Moldcore. After all the bashing of Surfcam you've done in the recent past, do you really expect us to believe you would voluntarily upgrade to another version of Surfcam?
    I've been using Surfcam for almost 20 years and MasterCam for 6 years before that. When I began using Surfcam for my own business, both programs were of equal value. Both were DOS based programs. At some point along the way Surfcam stopped progressing and MasterCam just kept going forward. For most of those 20 years I paid for maintenance and accepted what ever they putout. However, too many times I felt like I was paying and getting little in return. If a new feature was added to the program it was an extra charge. I kept asking why am I paying these fees if I'm not benefiting from it. The last 5 years have been really disappointing. Now with Vero taking the rains I would expect to see some progress and from what I've seen in the videos it's step in the right direction. But the interface is still my biggest pet peeve. Just too many mouse clicks. My dealer has been making some offers and I told him I would at least look. So that is where I am today.

Last edited by moldcore; 03-14-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Open Surfcam/ Create/ Surfaces. Have fun!
    No solids, only Surfaces. Big difference. Don't get me wrong, Surfaces are important in machining, but if you do any kind of design work, Solids and Surfaces working together is a whole other world. Try designing a 1000 lb aluminum mold of an aerospace part that won't fit on your desk that has well over 100 components using just surfaces. No customer of mine would accept a surface model for approval.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's understandable.

I chose to bug the hell out of our reseller to get our companies moneys worth.

Ps....probably 70% of your mouse clicks can be replaced with keybinds.( I still choose to click.)

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess there is a reason it isn't called Surfcad.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's understandable.

I chose to bug the hell out of our reseller to get our companies moneys worth.

Ps....probably 70% of your mouse clicks can be replaced with keybinds.( I still choose to click.)
    At least when it was DOS and they made keyboards with the F keys on the left side you could zip through to a command pretty fast. Each menu item was assign to an F key so all you had to do was hit the F2 key three times to get to "Create>line> end points" for example. If you ever wondered why the menus are organized the way they are, now you know. Both Mastercam and Surfcam had the pretty much the same menu structure back then. F keys ruled. My CAD program back then also used the F keys for menu selection. But the programs became more windows based and the F keys disappeared or were assign other duties. I use the keyboard when I can remember but my CAD program is so different it's become too difficult and I find myself looking down at the keyboard too much.

Downloads
    Uploads

After listening to sales pitches, demos, and promises of great things to come I've decided to pass on renewing our maintenance until significant changes are made. 2015 will not see a different interface but will offer something called EVO. EVO may be the future of Surfcam but from what I could see in the demos, I think I'll wait till they get the kinks out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Today was launched a new build. Tomorrow I will install and tell some news

Downloads
    Uploads

Now are in build 125 but have a lot of bug yet

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Valued SURFCAM Customer,
    We are pleased to announce that the latest version of SURFCAM 2015 R1 is now available to download from the Vero Customer Portal.

http://www.surfcam.com/UserFiles/234...at%27s_New.pdf

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So much for the great strides shown in sneak peek #1 (message 9 of this thread.)
    Guess they had too may problems too fix.... Long wait for not a whole lot.
    Looks like they found a version of 2014 that worked and added a few minor changes.
    Just a first impression, no real time spent using it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just loaded 2015 R1. I have a 3axis seat and the new 2axis pocket rough does not show up in the tool menu. I was ready to try it out but I guess I have to wait and see if Surfcam can get it fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads

The new pocket rough shows up and works fine on my computer.

Still trying to figure out how to move the operation manager to the side....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123