Newbie to CNC/milling & lathe FAQ? (or a better title)

Thread: Newbie to CNC/milling & lathe FAQ? (or a better title)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie to CNC/milling & lathe FAQ? (or a better title)

First off, finding info for a newbie on cnczone is difficult. Or anywhere else for that matter. I've spent weeks learning what little I do know but marketing hype is just that.

A forum where the question and answer have been moderated & condensed from the posts collected in a sub-forum. Or a thread posted elswhere moved to the FAQ by the moderators then the FAQ moderators edit and publish.

Once added to the FAQ, that particular sub-thread is locked or deleted. Locked would be better so the interested party could read the background. Then if there is new info to be added, a new thread is made referencing the FAQ and requesting an update.

How stuff works
    Lasers, gantry, 3in1, engraving
    Is it possible to cnc wood
    Software needed, pros, cons, links, reviews of, etc.
    Stepper systems (& the other kind that escapes me)
    Supply store links, & their reviews (this would be a good way to use polls, rating supply stores, customer feedback on the various cnc bits, etc)
    Anything that can help a newbie decide if it's something they really want to indulge in or where to go for more info.

I would volunteer to moderate but I know very little on how to run a forum AND I don't know cnc or metalworking. I could learn though.

I'll be here awhile reading the forums, see you around

Similar Threads:

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rStrachan View Post
    A forum where the question and answer have been moderated & condensed from the posts collected in a sub-forum. Or a thread posted elswhere moved to the FAQ by the moderators then the FAQ moderators edit and publish.

Once added to the FAQ, that particular sub-thread is locked or deleted. Locked would be better so the interested party could read the background. Then if there is new info to be added, a new thread is made referencing the FAQ and requesting an update.
    Nothing in this Forum is edited or condensed by the moderators, they simply control the content by deleting commercial or spam entries, or copyrighted content, or anything which violates the CNCzone rules!

This is truly a What You Type is What We See forum!
    That's why it's so popular!

Which Forum are you referring to?

Eric

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry, I didn't say a thread had been edited.

In my request for a newbie FAQ, I was suggesting that when a FAQ question was asked, the answers to the question were condensed (edited) and moved to the FAQ, so as to free up the other forums and allow a Newbie to do one stop shopping for answers.

FAQ question = question that had been asked multiple times