CADD CNC Project

Thread: CADD CNC Project

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up CADD CNC Project

Hey There,

I was wondering if any students on here would be able to help me.

I am currently studying a CADD course and have been set the challenge of taking a product and trying to improve upon it. The emphasis of the project is to test our knowledge of the design process (Design Brief, Product Design Spec., morphological analysis, gannt charts, peer reviews, WOM, etc), design thinking and Autocad and Inventor skills. I have set myself the task of trying to improve upon a 4'x4' bed cnc router (panel processing machine). From what I can see on the internet, good quality small bed cncs lack automation that could be crucial to small businesses. For instance, I am looking to add an / some extra features. I have listed a few of my ideas below -

Automatic feed table - Affording businesses with a smaller workforce more time to work on other tasks, rather than being stuck manning the machine for repetitive tasks.

Rotary tooling bank - 3 x 'gantries' of 5 tools that could rotate into position, that would help to cut down on time.

Rotating table - This would allow both the A side and B side of the sheet to be cut without the operator needing to be on hand to relocate the sheet on the opposite side.

I am looking for any feedback or thoughts regarding these ideas and to see if they are well received.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CADD CNC Project

I question if you are improving or adding options.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CADD CNC Project

Hi,

I'm exploring possible additions - some that are available on bigger machines, but not that I can find on smaller bed CNC routers. I hope that these additions will help to improve the automation of the router, freeing up much needed time in a company that has limited space or staff.