DM542A for driving nema 23 425 oz

Thread: DM542A for driving nema 23 425 oz

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face DM542A for driving nema 23 425 oz

Hi.
    Im looking for diagram of wiring DM542A drivers and step nema 23 425. There is no quality diagrams on internet and Im afraid to do something incorrectly.
    Also I am beginner in CNC electronics, so understand me

Best regards

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DM542A for driving nema 23 425 oz

Quote Originally Posted by Lord9o View Post
    Hi.
    Im looking for diagram of wiring DM542A drivers and step nema 23 425. There is no quality diagrams on internet and Im afraid to do something incorrectly.
    Also I am beginner in CNC electronics, so understand me

Best regards
    You can find PLENTY information about this card if you really google.

DM542A for driving nema 23 425 oz-typical-connection-dm542-jpg

http://www.elmiraohio.com/Cnc%20Docs...2013-09-25.pdf

You should not need more than that, but I am pretty sure that if you need more you will find more, even on this forum. I think that card is one of the best documented, there are several versions of the same card, so any document showing a similar card will also fit your card. Just find the right current setting for your motor, set the micro stepping and that's it. Very simple, really.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know for this, but I need more detailed diagram of actually where I need to put particular wire. Right now there is confusion about jumper wires and so on.
    As I said, Im beginner, so what is easy to you can be struggle for me. But thank anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

I know for this, but I need more detailed diagram of actually where I need to put particular wire. Right now there is confusion about jumper wires and so on.
    As I said, Im beginner, so what is easy to you can be struggle for me. But thank anyway.
    Try Youtube. You will probably find many instruction videos, one of them might suit your needs.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have one question. Is there any way to destroy my electronics during wrong wiring? I know how to wire power supply, and there is no mistake about that. But other wire, can miss-wiring damage electrononics?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have one question. Is there any way to destroy my electronics during wrong wiring? I know how to wire power supply, and there is no mistake about that. But other wire, can miss-wiring damage electrononics?
    There is no simple answer to that. I would not give you any warranty, but in general, wrong wiring can cause irreparable damage. At least, irreparable for those who lack the electronic knowledge to repair things. In general, it is a good idea to know what one is doing and if one is "learning by doing" then it is a good idea to accept the fact that not knowing what one is doing means taking risks. Wiring the driver, and everything else right in a CNC is not difficult, but you need to have basic knowledge about how to read simple diagrams, like those in the manual. I disagree with your comment that there are "no quality diagrams on internet". The problem is not the availability of "quality diagrams on internet".

Another thing... if you are planning to make your own CNC then you are better prepared to have some expenses outside the very minimum. One driver is just a tiny extra cost compared to what else you can run into. What about blowing up, or damaging your computer? Ever thought about that risk? ...and before you ask, yes there is a risk for that as well if you wire things wrongly. In the DIY business there are ALWAYS risks that something will blow up when you least expect it.