DM 556 stepper motor contorller

Thread: DM 556 stepper motor contorller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DM 556 stepper motor contorller

I bought a DM 556 to driver a Nema 23 stepper motor on my CNC plasma cutter. It worked once then I got a steady red error light on the driver. The standard errors are flashing lights not a steady red light. I bought another one and that worked fine for a while but I had problems with the motor shuddering and not advancing normally. I have now bought a third and have the initial steady red error light. Can ayone tell me what a steady red light means. I have not jumped power to the ENA + terminal as I have seen in a youtube video that this can cause a steady red error light. Any help is appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DM 556 stepper motor contorller

You get a steady red light if there is a error AND the output is not switched off ( motor is blocked ) or the driver is defective.
    A plasma cutter uses high currents and creates a lot of disturbances. Take care to have the plasma current cirquit completely separated from the driver cirquit and use shielded cables to the motors

Default Re: DM 556 stepper motor contorller

You can try some better DSP stepper driver, it will be better.
    We used many KL-5056E in plasma machine, it never has problems

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...stepper-driver