Need Help! Looking for stepper motor control system for a single axis

Thread: Looking for stepper motor control system for a single axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for stepper motor control system for a single axis

Hello!

I am looking for a motor driver for a 24 volt motor (likely a 2315HS300AW-OB) - I'll probably use a KL-5056E as I've always had excellent results with those.

The thing I really need help with is a motion controller. I am using this system for a very specific application where I'm only moving a single, linear axis back and forth over about a meter distance. Eventually, I'll likely write some software myself to perform the motion but in the meantime I need both some sort of motion controller board as well as software to execute the commands. I hate the idea of buying a 3, 4 or 6 axis controller board along with something like Mach 3 or 4 just to control a single stepper motor. Do you happen to have any ideas as to what I might be able to use to perform some simple, yet accurate linear motion?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Thanks,
    Marshall

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for stepper motor control system for a single axis

Hi Marshall
    I will make the assumption that you are making a camera slider or auto feed for something..

I have made 555 circuits to drive a manual feed with direction switch and variable speed.
    On Aliexpress you will find cheep stepper motor test boards.

The stepper motor drivers only need 2 signals to opperate;
    1. Direction, high or low signal
    2. Pulse to move

You can use a simple 555 timer circuit configured as square wave generator to drive the Pulse input on the Stepper Driver.
    You can also add a cheap rotary encoder for manual control.

do a google for 555 stepper motor driver or ask at a local electronics store for 555 Timer/Frequancy generator kit should be sub $10