Need Help! D86 Stepper Motor driver (Step Servo) Ex+ EX- Usage or link to manual

Thread: D86 Stepper Motor driver (Step Servo) Ex+ EX- Usage or link to manual

Downloads
    Uploads

Default D86 Stepper Motor driver (Step Servo) Ex+ EX- Usage or link to manual

I am retrofitting a Brazilian milling machine with ball screw leads and CNC controlled stepper motors, mechanics are finalized and OK. But I can not complete connecting the D86 Stepper Motor driver (Step Servo), which is a kind of hybrid stepper/servo driver (stepper motors have encoders) because I can not locate a D86 manual (PDF) Already 6 hours googling.
    Most connection terminals are customary like the more common HBS86H driver, but this driver includes two extra connections labeled "EX+" and "EX-" which I can not account what are they for. So I do not want to start the system, with just this terminals "un-connected"
    Can any one leadme to the D(& manual or to what those terminals are used for?
    It´´s been almost a week looking for It, but I can not find an answer.
    Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Abhik View Post
    I am retrofitting a Brazilian milling machine with ball screw leads and CNC controlled stepper motors, mechanics are finalized and OK. But I can not complete connecting the D86 Stepper Motor driver (Step Servo), which is a kind of hybrid stepper/servo driver (stepper motors have encoders) because I can not locate a D86 manual (PDF) Already 6 hours googling.
    Most connection terminals are customary like the more common HBS86H driver, but this driver includes two extra connections labeled "EX+" and "EX-" which I can not account what are they for. So I do not want to start the system, with just this terminals "un-connected"
    Can any one leadme to the D(& manual or to what those terminals are used for?
    It´´s been almost a week looking for It, but I can not find an answer.
    Thanks in advance
    Do you have an image of it?. May be an alternative manufacturer model to compare.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: D86 Stepper Motor driver (Step Servo) Ex+ EX- Usage or link to manual

Yes I have, (I am new to the forum, I hope I can attach the image,,,)
    Although my red marking on the terminals obscure the detail, those terminals have their own 2 position terminal conector, so I guess they are probably not not part of "typical Stepper motor connections".
    Following your thought, I did find a hybrid closed loop steeper motor driver with those terminals (Hanpose cl57) They are labeled as "Signal Outputs", so I would like to infiere they will not prevent the driver operation, but at my age being an engineer, I have learned to "Do not make suppositions" (It does apply equally to interpersonal situations). Do your homework.
    I am attaching an image of that driver.
    Again, no luck to find it´s manual. There is a Leadshine CL57 Closed-loop stepper driver, but that one do not include those terminals...
    No luck also googling "servo driver ex+/ex- signal output"...
    I appreciate your interest....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D86 Stepper Motor driver (Step Servo) Ex+ EX- Usage or link to manual-captura-de-pantalla-2022-06-18-020033-a   D86 Stepper Motor driver (Step Servo) Ex+ EX- Usage or link to manual-captura-de-pantalla-2022-06-18-010827-a  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Abhik View Post
    Yes I have, (I am new to the forum, I hope I can attach the image,,,)
    Although my red marking on the terminals obscure the detail, those terminals have their own 2 position terminal conector, so I guess they are probably not not part of "typical Stepper motor connections".
    Following your thought, I did find a hybrid closed loop steeper motor driver with those terminals (Hanpose cl57) They are labeled as "Signal Outputs", so I would like to infiere they will not prevent the driver operation, but at my age being an engineer, I have learned to "Do not make suppositions" (It does apply equally to interpersonal situations). Do your homework.
    I am attaching an image of that driver.
    Again, no luck to find it´s manual. There is a Leadshine CL57 Closed-loop stepper driver, but that one do not include those terminals...
    No luck also googling "servo driver ex+/ex- signal output"...
    I appreciate your interest....
    Looks to me like it's to do with a motor brake. Connections by different name.

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/cl...er-motor-cl57t

The only other possible extra connections on these drives is 'Pend'

Last edited by dazp1976; 06-18-2022 at 06:26 AM.