Need Help! Stepper Controller Problems

Thread: Stepper Controller Problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stepper Controller Problems

Hello everyone,

I am trying to drive a Festo EMMS-ST-42-S-S-G2 hybrid bipolar stepper motor with a TB67S109AFNG BiCD driver, however I get really funky results on my oscilloscope and no rotary motion.
    The plan is to run the motor with 24VDC at 1.8A. To realize this I control the TB67S109AFNG with a STM32L011 uC.

The CLK frequency is at 10Hz and the steps are set to full step mode. I tested a couple of scenarios and different stepping modes and attached the results.

In the Output no load picture you can see the controller switching the 24VDC Signal with the H-Bridge with a 45° phase shift, which seems to be correct.

The next picture with the Motor connected just shows an uncontrolled electrical buzzing and the rather clean step signals from the STM32.

In the last picture I just connected one motor coil and expected a smooth rising current with an abrupt switching of the current flow direction after the H-Bridge switched. Because i just simply have a coil connected and no interference of any movement, but I got the same buzzing. The LO line which detects current and overheating faults didn't get pulled to ground so no apparent issue there, however the same buzz is on that line too and the whole driver.

After that I just connected various power resistors to get no inductive interference and inspect the switching under load. In this state no switching occurred and the TB67S109AFNG just put a 24VDC signal out the whole time.

I can't really make sense of this controller and maybe some of you have an idea what is happening with this circuit.

I appreciate the help.

Best Regards
    Lucas