Need Help! Moves half as far after spindle change

Thread: Moves half as far after spindle change

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Moves half as far after spindle change

Good day,
    I bought my first CNC machine a while ago, the FoxAlien CNC Router 3018-SE V2. In the last few days I have made some small upgrades, including I have replaced the spindle for the X-axis.
    However, I probably bought the wrong one. The CNC machine now moves only half as far as it should in the X direction, if before it moved 10 cm in the X direction it now moves only half as far with the same G-code. (The stepper motor rotates as before )

Now my question:
    Can I solve this by a setting in the software (Currently using Candle, but am also open to other software) , or otherwise solve without having to buy a new spindle?

With kind regards
    Fabian

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Moves half as far after spindle change

I'm pretty sure changing the spindle would not have any effect on the X travel distance. Most likely you need to change the X calibration in the software.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Moves half as far after spindle change

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I'm pretty sure changing the spindle would not have any effect on the X travel distance. Most likely you need to change the X calibration in the software.
    Absolutely correct if using the terminology we commonly associate with machines,but curiously the OP describes the "spindle" for the X axis.Does he mean stepper? I suspect so and that does indeed point to a calibration issue.