Need Help! Stepper Drive DM542 Red LED blinking every 3 sec, Driver always in fault

Thread: Stepper Drive DM542 Red LED blinking every 3 sec, Driver always in fault

Default Stepper Drive DM542 Red LED blinking every 3 sec, Driver always in fault

Hi folks,

Greetings.

I have newly built CNC router with Nema 23 (425) motors and DM542 driver. I have used 2 stepper motor arrangement on Y axis. One of my driver stopped working mid-flight. The Red LED keeps blinking every 3 sec. I checked all connections, motor & wirings. All look ok. I replaced the driver from other axis and it works but this driver is always blinking Red when ever powered up. All drivers and motors are leadshine. Its just 2 months old and the shop is not ready to cover in warranty (What's the point in paying the premium for a brand).

What I observed, when I power the driver up it makes a unique sound for 2 sec like something powering up. A very small shrill sound. I will post a video soon with my mic hooked up close. Its difficult to describe that sound. I hear that sound sometimes from some of my power supply units. This sound is not there in any other driver. May this gives a clue. The shop from where I bought didn't repair it and say you have to buy new one.

I want to repair this one. I checked the internet and one red blink every 3 sec says motor short. But motor is fine and working with other driver.

I have some working knowledge of electronics. If you can help me direct to the right place, I may save my $50.