Newbie HBS860H NEMA 34 12NM closed loop system motor stuck after 3-5 seconds and alarm mode

Thread: HBS860H NEMA 34 12NM closed loop system motor stuck after 3-5 seconds and alarm mode

Default HBS860H NEMA 34 12NM closed loop system motor stuck after 3-5 seconds and alarm mode

Hello everybody
    First i would like to say that this is first cnc machine i am building
    I worked a little bit with open loop stepper motors,but this is first time i have job with closed loop. I bought my kit on aliexpress for hltnc company
    My problem is that when i want to move motor it moves for about 3-5 second,sometimes more sometimes less depending on acceleration,but all in all it doesnt work well,there is no load on nut yet it is completly free to move
    I checked wiring and tried some differente combinations of wiring but nothing worked
    Also when i want to spin it in other direction it instantly goes in alarm mode and stop,i have switch on driver for direction and when i switch it only allows me to spin it with other arrow key on keyboard but direction is same

Here is link to video i made :

If anybody had same problem pls help it is very anoying

Hope somebody will help

Similar Threads:

Default Re: HBS860H NEMA 34 12NM closed loop system motor stuck after 3-5 seconds and alarm m

I cant find edit thread button so i will just writte it here,i found a little update
    When i put velocity on 300 for example or something low like that,everything works fine
    But when i put it on 1000 situation on video happens,so i think wiring encoder is fine
    I checked for micro switch and there is shown that current mottors are getting is for 8Nm motors,i dont know if i should change to higher current if that could change someting,i am affraid not to fire motors
    Any advice is good

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HBS860H NEMA 34 12NM closed loop system motor stuck after 3-5 seconds and alarm m

Hi dear, have you solved? I bought the same kit and i can't move motors. I regularly use open loop systems, now I don't know how to solve this issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

When i put velocity on 300 for example or something low like that,everything works fine
    But when i put it on 1000 situation on video happens,so i think wiring encoder is fine
    I think you have hit on the problem right there. High torque stepper motors also have high inductance which very much limits how fast they can go before that start missing
    steps. I think you have to reduce the speed limit until you get reliable motion.

If you want faster motion buy low inductance steppers. Note open loop/closed loop makes no difference to speed, low inductance does.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

I just want to give a contribute telling who has the same problem that I have solved looking at the encoder wires colors.... there were an error in the sequence....To understand that, I have taken out the encoder cover and looked at sequence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by trivalb View Post
    I just want to give a contribute telling who has the same problem that I have solved looking at the encoder wires colors.... there were an error in the sequence....To understand that, I have taken out the encoder cover and looked at sequence.
    Can you elaborate a bit more on what exactly happened with your system?, I got the same kit, I’m afraid I’ll run into the same issue.