New Machine Build NEED HELP WIRING BREAKOUT BOARD

Thread: NEED HELP WIRING BREAKOUT BOARD

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking NEED HELP WIRING BREAKOUT BOARD

Hello to the group, I'am a retired printer who's not ready to sit & ponder so i built myself a 40x36 cnc router using (3) hybrid steppers, ball-screws and Mach3. with that said, when building my control box i discovered a very important fact, i know nothing about this! Thru Amazon i purchased an off market break-out board. it's from China and has Chinese depictions . i really need help with making connections to my motors without burning nothing up. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME?
    It's call Keenso DIY CNC 6axis Mach3 Motion Controller on the Amazon web-site. I took a picture of the board and will attempt to post it.
    thanks in adv.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEED HELP WIRING BREAKOUT BOARD-6-axis-mach3-controller-jpg   NEED HELP WIRING BREAKOUT BOARD-20191022_131408-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED HELP WIRING BREAKOUT BOARD

Quote Originally Posted by nugie View Post
    Hello to the group, I'am a retired printer who's not ready to sit & ponder so i built myself a 40x36 cnc router using (3) hybrid steppers, ball-screws and Mach3. with that said, when building my control box i discovered a very important fact, i know nothing about this! Thru Amazon i purchased an off market break-out board. it's from China and has Chinese depictions . i really need help with making connections to my motors without burning nothing up. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME?
    It's call Keenso DIY CNC 6axis Mach3 Motion Controller on the Amazon web-site. I took a picture of the board and will attempt to post it.
    thanks in adv.
    Hi I am a new bee and bought a 3 axis break out board from amazon and fell in the same hole
    It will not drive motors as you can see there are no heat sinks and power devices. Its just a driver board for a stepper board and motor one for each axis!
    Dont know why you would need 6 axis but I bought a 3 axis off ebay . Computer in and hook 3 motors out and it works fine
    just get the proper paperwork for the board. JAPAN will sell anything you have to figure out LOL
    PS buy the parallel port board not the USB

Downloads
    Uploads

The board looks like a number of other similar cheap boards and can almost certainly be made to work.It won't run steppers directly and has to be connected to a stepper driver which handle the sending of the operating current to the steppers at their rated voltage.As for 6 axes, if you have a gantry of any size it is common to run a stepper at each side and the spare pair will be useful if you decide to undertake any work requiring a fourth or fifth axis. It looks like you need a 5V power supply to operate the board and they are quite cheap, unlike the stepper drivers that are needed, and a bit of searching will turn up several wiring diagrams that ought to guide any newbie a bit further.

Downloads
    Uploads

the breakout board can only control 6 stepper drivers
    if you don't want to use the 3 relays or need the analogue control output to control the spindle speed

to control the 3 relays and spindle speed you will only have 8 outputs available to control 4 stepper drivers

you will either need to connect the board to a PC's parallel printer port or a motion controller that replicates a printer port

what do you need to control -
    how many axis and how many relays , and do you need computer controll of the spindle speed ?

did you get a manual with the board or a link to a PDF manual you can post ?
    as its not clear from the photo which pins can control the relays or use for the PWM to analogue speed control

John