Resolution problem

Thread: Resolution problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Resolution problem

Have a diy engraver, using nema 34 motors and cw8060 drivers, machine responds fine, but I have a problem with the output. If I send a perfect circle, it cuts an oblong. Does the same with every object I send. Somehow the length and width does not correspond to the object I send. I have tried several software programs and all do the same
    thing, so it is not the software. Hope someone can help me with this, thanx!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Resolution problem

What is your controller? It's probably a setting in there.

Downloads
    Uploads

If it's not binding and you're not loosing steps then it could be a couple of things.
    - One of the drivers for the X or Y has the incorrect dip switch settings (microsteps) or simply differs from the other.
    - The steps per units for either your x or y (or both) are not set to the correct amount.
    - (Less likely) - The settings in your driver software (mach3?) on how to handle arcs is not correct (CV etc) which differs based on your cad/cam post gcode output. Which if not set correctly can cause some strange things to happen.
    Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I have resolved the problem gcode settings, apparently there was no exact setting on my controllers, so I had to do it with the $111=n setting until I achieved the desired result, thanks again!