DIY options stepper drives

Thread: DIY options stepper drives

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DIY options stepper drives

Hello
    Having had a long and unsatisfactory experience with cheap TB6600 drives on another project, I was wondering about the solder-yourself kits available for a new router I'm building.
    I need them to handle 4A and 48v atleast. I have found a couple of kits / PCBs, but they are rated lower than what I want.

Anyone got any links / suggestions etc..

thanks
    Patrick

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DIY options stepper drives

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus23C View Post
    Hello
    Having had a long and unsatisfactory experience with cheap TB6600 drives on another project, I was wondering about the solder-yourself kits available for a new router I'm building.
    I need them to handle 4A and 48v atleast. I have found a couple of kits / PCBs, but they are rated lower than what I want.

Anyone got any links / suggestions etc..

thanks
    Patrick
    To be honest, I don't understand why you believe you can do it better or cheaper than the Chinese. So, unless you want to do it "because it's fun and a nice challenge" or "just because I can", I would recommend the Leadshine clones. I am using the DQ542MA and those are excellent. Have been using them for two years without any issues. They can handle 50V 4.2A so that is within your requirement. You won't be able to beat the price or the quality. There is a reason why there are no kits...

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DIY options stepper drives

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    To be honest, I don't understand why you believe you can do it better or cheaper than the Chinese. So, unless you want to do it "because it's fun and a nice challenge" or "just because I can", I would recommend the Leadshine clones. I am using the DQ542MA and those are excellent. Have been using them for two years without any issues. They can handle 50V 4.2A so that is within your requirement. You won't be able to beat the price or the quality. There is a reason why there are no kits...
    Well, that's why I'm asking. I wondered about the DM542 and have some ordered for a different project.