Hello,

I have a CNC machine that is driven by TB6600 drivers and "56mm nema23 stepper motors" (called this by eBay sellers). They are about 2.5-2.8A motors, if their description is correct.

Previosly, I used it (with Mach3 and grbl) with no microstepping with a 4mm pitch leadscrew. It was so powerful in wood, that it did not miss any movements until the spindle totally "suffocated" in material to cut. The only problem was that with Mach3 it missed steps(or made one more step?). Always a step per movement and always in one direction. I set microstepping to 1600 per rotation instead of the motor's original 200. Now it is powerful, too, and doesn't miss steps (or they are not measureable), but then came another problem.

If I want to cut too much material, one of the axes' driver freezes up, and doesn't move at all on that axis until I fully restart the drivers. I do not know why does it happen, but it does, and it's always the X axis.
The motor is quete hot, but I can still grab it with bare hands and don't feel uncomfortable. The driver's cooler is also around 40-50 °C.

What might be the problem? Maybe the PSU is not enough? I tried that with all the 3 axes moving at the same time, jogging, not cutting, and the voltage only dropped 0.5 volts to 35.5V and the current was only 2-3A altogether.

Thank you for your help, in advance