Cheaper alternative to Gecko G540

Thread: Cheaper alternative to Gecko G540

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cheaper alternative to Gecko G540

I have 3.1A stepper motors and I'm finding the Gecko G540 a bit pricey to buy and get shipped over to the UK (the UK supplier is even more expensive!). Is there an alternative for a budget build, but provides a good quality signal and is reliable and well supported?

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cheaper alternative to Gecko G540

The reasons you stated are why the Gecko costs what it does. It is among the best of this type offering.
    Leadshine makes a similar product that may even be better. I have used both and both have been excellent. Digital drives rather than analog. MX4660. It is not cheaper though, but may be available over there somewhere to ease the shipping costs.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Nothing beats a Geck drive. My THB6064AH driver is nearly as good, and about half the cost. See the link in my signature.

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you LeeWay, I ended up buying a slightly used MX3660 for about half the price of a G540. I only need 3 drivers so it was perfect.