Re: Calculating What kind of power i need ????

Thread: Re: Calculating What kind of power i need ????

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Calculating What kind of power i need ????

Hi Mariss,

Can you solve my problem.

My gantry is ssay 50 kg. on dual Y axis slaved 2.2 Nm motors on 36 V, on 1605 1 start ball screws fixed and rotating nuts by belt drive.
    I want to keep the ball screws. But the motors start missing in cutting at around 2200mm/min.

Can i upgrade the motors to 4 Nm and drive by gear ratio 1:2. Thus speeding up the travel to 4000 mm/min. The torque will be halved but it will be still enough ?
    Motor will be at just 400 RPM thus using the low RPM high torque range. But due to ratio of belt drive 1:2 the Nut will be at 800 RPM. 5 mm lead will give 4000 mm/min. ??

Or should i go to 8 Nm motor ?

Similar Threads:
    Live long and prosper.

Downloads
    Uploads

Many people assume that by going to a stepper motor rated for higher holding torque they will solve the problem of faulting when the motor is running. But this is not the case. Holding torque is measured when the motor is at a standstill. Torque falls off rapidly as the motor goes faster, and motors with high holding torque tend to fall off more dramatically. Unintuitive as it may seem, you'll often get better performance from motors rated lower in holding torque. Inductance is the critical number you need to focus on; motors with higher inductance need more voltage supplied in order to run at their full potential speed and torque.

If your drives can handle it, you'd probably get better results by switching out your power supply for one that supplies more voltage. Look up your motor's inductance and calculate the amount of voltage they really want, using the formula <square root of the inductance in mH times 32 = optimum max DC voltage to supply>.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Actually my small axis go up to 8000 mm/min with the same 2.2 Nm motors. It is only the longest axis with the gantry weight which misses sometimes.and once in a while is enough trouble. 8 plan to enlarge only the motors of heaviest axis. Please see attachments.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Re: Calculating What kind of power i need ????-20180301_175215-jpg   Re: Calculating What kind of power i need ????-20180301_175202-jpg  
    Live long and prosper.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shujaa View Post
    Hi
    Actually my small axis go up to 8000 mm/min with the same 2.2 Nm motors. It is only the longest axis with the gantry weight which misses sometimes.and once in a while is enough trouble. 8 plan to enlarge only the motors of heaviest axis. Please see attachments.
    How big a power supply do you have for your drives?

Sendt fra min A0001 med Tapatalk